Viscount bicycles!!

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
triitout

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Post by triitout »

Sooper8 wrote:Just another plea for anyone with an old Lambert or Viscount in the shed gathering dust, (and that they may be thinking of scraping or selling for parts) There is quite a community of Lambert and Viscount lovers here who could either bring it back to life or definitely use the hard to find parts if you offer it up for sale.
Many thanks

I'll second that notion for anyone in the states, especially NY Metro and Vermont (for vtchuck). I've already adopted an unwanted small aerospace frame that will become something again.
drossall

Post by drossall »

Just in case anyone hasn't spotted it, Viscount Super Sport. Usual disclaimers, nothing to do with me.
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

drossall wrote:Just in case anyone hasn't spotted it, Viscount Super Sport. Usual disclaimers, nothing to do with me.

The same bike was posted on the Lambert and Viscount forum and I offered to help load the photos for the seller but didn't hear anything back when I pm'd.
Lewisg

Post by Lewisg »

drossall wrote:Just in case anyone hasn't spotted it, Viscount Super Sport. Usual disclaimers, nothing to do with me.

This is the one that's on the facebook page. Single photo on there though she has said she will post more on request. :D
Edward Shurman

Post by Edward Shurman »

I have a silver Aero Space Pro that i have used with great care. Many years of wonderful riding, and showing it off. Paper work still in folder.
When the Viscount was new .. Yamaha sent a "new" chrome fork, which i still have ...also "new" in the box with complete documentation.
Triangle Reflector + mount, and tang was sent. Probably a difficult task to ship to UK... NY metro area is where the bike lives.
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

Hi Edward, that sounds very interesting.I'll have a word with a friend who lives near you to see if he wants it.
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

After the 'warm up' at Bakewell in June, :wink: keep the 11th July free for the 'main event'..The Third Annual Death Fork Rally (DFR3). Trusty, Lambert and Viscount bikes, but all welcome.

Venue TBC.
hughgabriel

Post by hughgabriel »

My Viscount Grand Sport will be on eBay shortly, it's just too small for me so it's not getting used. The engineering won me over when I refurbished a few bits on it last year.
ALS1159

Post by ALS1159 »

Hi,

I posted a Viscount Super Sport for sale that we are trying to get rid of - but no-one got back to me and I had responded to "Sooper" and send pics, etc.

If you are interested - please phone - Jim 07759 231708
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

Just bumping this thread up to let people know that the third annual gathering of Trusty,Lambert and Viscount bicycles will take place on Saturday 11th July venue TBC but guessing somewhere central in England.
All welcome, even if it's just to come and chat, gentle ride or longer ride (or just to the pub) - Families, and none Lambert/Viscount riders very welcome too.
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

If anyone is planning to come to this event and would like to camp over , then can you just drop me a PM please as we are negotiating exclusive use of a really nice camp site.(price depends on numbers)

It has hardstanding for very limited number of vans , a couple of camping pods, or bring a tent.
Has electric hook up and good facilities (showers, washing up block etc), beautiful views and very quiet.

Please state if you want Fri 10th Sat 11th or both, and if you are van, tent or pod.

Thanks
Jem
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

Just in case you think we might be a 'weird bunch' here is a photo from last year.....(I'm not saying if this photo dispels that myth or if it confirms it! :lol: )

A very nice family day out and the nicest people you could meet.

If you want to come along, feel free, even if you don't have a Lambert/Trusty/Viscount. All welcome.
Camp site has some great views and very nice facilities.

DSCN0543 by latisana24, on Flickr
pga

Post by pga »

Years ago I bought a frame from Ken Rogers (ace trike builder) which had been made by Viscount. Painted light blue with chrome forks (which looked like Tange) and no decals, I built it up for fixed wheel winter riding. It was a very good ride but alas I bumped off a Milton Keynes Redway kerb and to my surprise broke the top and down tubes at the head tube junction. The frame walls were very thin - too thin obviously.
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

Just booking camp site - if you are interested , then let me know via pm
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

Here is the start and end point for the ride on 11th July. Aiming for 11am start.
http://www.beehivefarm-woodlandlakes.co.uk/index.html
It's in a village called Rosliston, which is just outside Burton on Trent in the Midlands.
Parking for those driving to event is in the car park on the entrance path to camp site (so follow signs for camp site, and approach as if you were going in, then car park is on your right).