Viscount bicycles!!

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
busaste
Posts: 365
Joined: 1 Mar 2008, 10:18pm

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby busaste » 10 Jan 2013, 7:28pm

ScubaScott8177 wrote:Lambert #1 went to paint this morning! :D

Image

Image

Image


WOW!!!! 8)

Whippet
Posts: 449
Joined: 7 Dec 2011, 1:22pm
Location: Newbury

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby Whippet » 10 Jan 2013, 8:59pm

Looks superb! Is that a Viscount colour scheme?

ScubaScott8177
Posts: 51
Joined: 10 Dec 2012, 5:32pm

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby ScubaScott8177 » 10 Jan 2013, 11:41pm

Whippet wrote:Looks superb! Is that a Viscount colour scheme?


That's the actual paint scheme for my 76 Lambert Gran Prix. The only colors I've seen it in with this scheme is blue and white like this or red and white.

Here's a pic of the freshly painted next to an original paint lambert

Image

Bendo
Posts: 292
Joined: 3 Nov 2010, 10:10am

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby Bendo » 12 Jan 2013, 12:23pm

I can't wait to see the bike that comes out of this project! And good to see your dining room table being used correctly. b

triitout
Posts: 120
Joined: 22 Dec 2009, 8:12pm

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby triitout » 12 Jan 2013, 7:07pm

Paint looks great! What kind of paint process did you use? If its a do-it-yourself, can you give us the details? My next project is a white and red Aerospace GP that I'd like to see be reborn as nice as your Lambert so any paint enlightenment would be helpful.

User avatar
Sooper8
Posts: 802
Joined: 20 Aug 2012, 7:53am
Location: Midlands

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby Sooper8 » 12 Jan 2013, 9:33pm

Did anyone here buy the Viscount 600EX that just sold on eBay UK?
Everything you love,everything meaningful with depth & history,all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated,mishandled,watered down,cheapened, repackaged,marketed & sold to the people you hate

ScubaScott8177
Posts: 51
Joined: 10 Dec 2012, 5:32pm

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby ScubaScott8177 » 13 Jan 2013, 4:25am

triitout wrote:Paint looks great! What kind of paint process did you use? If its a do-it-yourself, can you give us the details? My next project is a white and red Aerospace GP that I'd like to see be reborn as nice as your Lambert so any paint enlightenment would be helpful.


I put several hours into removing the paint, but the fresh paint was done by a local custom paint shop. Since they mix all of their own paint in house, I was able to find a paint color online (I went with nissan's Daytona blue as a starting point), and modified it to the desired product. Good paint prep (scrubbing the bare metal of the frame with 3m scotch rite pads), a quality primer, and several coats of clear is what got me this quality of finish. My suggestion would be to see what your options are with your local paint shops. And don't be afraid to let them know your expectations in your choice of color and number of coats ( I went with the overachiever Chevy Corvette paint theory, 3x3; 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of base (color), and 3 coats of clear. I paint about $80 USD for my paint job.

Bendo
Posts: 292
Joined: 3 Nov 2010, 10:10am

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby Bendo » 14 Jan 2013, 12:14pm

Image

Haven't got anything much new to contribute in the way of projects—no Lamberts in Oz I'm afraid :cry: —but thought I would share how spiffingly good these Ostrich panniers look on the Victor. b

Image

User avatar
tommylad
Posts: 13
Joined: 8 Mar 2008, 4:38pm

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby tommylad » 14 Jan 2013, 12:34pm

I've got an Aerospace Pro which I'm looking to sell - I haven't got any pictures at the moment, but if anyone's interested I'll sort some and post them...
The bike is in Derby,
Cheers,
Tom

User avatar
Sooper8
Posts: 802
Joined: 20 Aug 2012, 7:53am
Location: Midlands

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby Sooper8 » 14 Jan 2013, 1:14pm

tommylad wrote:I've got an Aerospace Pro which I'm looking to sell - I haven't got any pictures at the moment, but if anyone's interested I'll sort some and post them...
The bike is in Derby,
Cheers,
Tom


Hi Tom,
I am just down the road from you. I might be interested if it's the right size and original etc
I'll drop you a pm for some pics
Regards
Jem
Everything you love,everything meaningful with depth & history,all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated,mishandled,watered down,cheapened, repackaged,marketed & sold to the people you hate

User avatar
Sooper8
Posts: 802
Joined: 20 Aug 2012, 7:53am
Location: Midlands

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby Sooper8 » 14 Jan 2013, 1:38pm

Bendo wrote:thought I would share how spiffingly good these Ostrich panniers look on the Victor. b


Superb! That looks spot on.
Can I ask what mud-gaurds you have on? I am thinking of kitting one of my 'Sports out as a 'tourer' like that.
Everything you love,everything meaningful with depth & history,all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated,mishandled,watered down,cheapened, repackaged,marketed & sold to the people you hate

Bendo
Posts: 292
Joined: 3 Nov 2010, 10:10am

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby Bendo » 14 Jan 2013, 2:00pm

Sooper8 wrote:
Bendo wrote:thought I would share how spiffingly good these Ostrich panniers look on the Victor. b


Superb! That looks spot on.
Can I ask what mud-gaurds you have on? I am thinking of kitting one of my 'Sports out as a 'tourer' like that.


Thanks mate! The mudguards are made by Honjo, a Japanese brand. They are made for 700C but can fit 27" wheels as well. b

User avatar
Sooper8
Posts: 802
Joined: 20 Aug 2012, 7:53am
Location: Midlands

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby Sooper8 » 14 Jan 2013, 2:46pm

[/quote]

Thanks mate! The mudguards are made by Honjo, a Japanese brand. They are made for 700C but can fit 27" wheels as well. b[/quote]

Bendo, just got this site on a Google search for the Honjo mudguards - I could spend some cash here, and that's just on mudguards , racks and bits and pieces. That's before I even move on to saddle bags etc :lol:
http://freshtripe.co.uk/Freshtripe/Mudg ... Racks.html
Everything you love,everything meaningful with depth & history,all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated,mishandled,watered down,cheapened, repackaged,marketed & sold to the people you hate

ScubaScott8177
Posts: 51
Joined: 10 Dec 2012, 5:32pm

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby ScubaScott8177 » 14 Jan 2013, 5:38pm

I know everyone on here is primarily viscount but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has any lambert branded crank bolt caps.. Thinking that's the only thing I'm missing right now and there's and early model lugged lambert on eBay with them but its hard to justify buying a whole bike for 120.00 just for two small caps..

busaste
Posts: 365
Joined: 1 Mar 2008, 10:18pm

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Postby busaste » 14 Jan 2013, 7:19pm

ScubaScott8177 wrote:I know everyone on here is primarily viscount but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has any lambert branded crank bolt caps.. Thinking that's the only thing I'm missing right now and there's and early model lugged lambert on eBay with them but its hard to justify buying a whole bike for 120.00 just for two small caps..


Hi

Lambert did not make dust caps for their cranks. They did have Lambert branded crank bolts however. I have these NOS :) . Please PM me with your details and I will send you two.