Food for thought!

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Dave Gy

Post by Dave Gy »

NUKe, I'm not trying to loose weight, I'm one of those lucky people that can eat what I want without gaining weight. :lol:

The problem I have is the degree of hunger I feel when I have finished a ride, it is quiet voracious. :evil:

I too take wine gums with me and pop one every few miles, I also stop for a drink and a bite every 10-15 miles depending on the distance.

Do you think that the hunger I feel, may be down to a lack of carb's?
I tend to crave chippy chips most times.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

This morning I had:
two cups of tea
1 Maryland Cookie

then later:
2 rashers of fried bacon
2 slices of fried black pudding
a few lumps of last night's potato, fried
2 slices of mutigrain bread, thickly cut with butter
1 fried egg
followed by 1 cup of coffee

At nine-ish I rode my bike for 40 something miles, and stopped off for a double cheeseburger and all the trimmings at 12 ish.

I made it home before three o'clock after riding a total of 53 miles, and had a cup of tea.

At 5 o'clock, I walked down to the pub and sank 3 pints of bitter, then walked back home to get stuck into a large plate of sausages and mash, with carrots and gravy. This is being washed down with a glass or three or more of red wine.

I eat what I like, I ride my bike when and how far I like, and I'm happy at 13st odd.

Great!
Mick F. Cornwall
Manx Cat

Post by Manx Cat »

Blimey Mick! I envy your metabolism! Wish I could scoff that lot and not die of obesity.... Let alone vascular disease. We eat fat free, cheese free and nearly meat free and still I am considered overweight, I cycled 115 miles last week and gained 3 pounds!

You are a fast cyclist I notice too. I set off today in full intention of getting to 100km. I managed half of this before I found the time was suddenly 4.30pm, rush hour traffic looming and a darkening evening.

Im gonna struggle to get this Audax done in May. Let alone organise the route for this DIY Im doing.

Having to finish the route tomorrow, so I can do the coordinates for the checkpoints.

Mary
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Manx Cat wrote:Blimey Mick! I envy your metabolism!

Thanks, but I've always eaten well.
Mum and Dad said I had an ever-open door!

The above food intake is absolutely true of my input today. I must say that I've never catalogued it before. Frightening!

Don't get me wrong, I could do with losing a stone or two, but I'm happy as I am.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

PS

Just had a bar of chocolate.
Mick F. Cornwall