Lidle Cycle Stuff Sale Thursday 9th Aprill

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
cycleruk

Re: Lidle Cycle Stuff Sale Thursday 9th Aprill

Post by cycleruk »

UrbanManc wrote:I bought the shoes , the only size 11 they had in :shock: , I normally buy size 10 shoes but these are very comfy.

They do seem heavy though, not for the road bike enthusiast, more for the MTB'er. :)

They are great for touring / walking. Not waterproof though but warmer than my other shoes.
I've used mine all through winter in conjuction with the Aldi overshoes.
They are also a normal width fit not like my Adidas toe crunchers.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

I bought a pair of the cycle shoes yesterday and they fit fine but I am a little confused about what pedals I now need, can I use the shimano M520 peals with these shoes ?
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

cycleruk wrote:
NUKe wrote:The shoes do seem to work for most people, but I have a pair which I now only use for Short journeys, they tendto give me the dreaded SPD hotspot on anything greater than about 15 miles. Onthe other hand they are ok for popping into town and then walking around. SInce the town bike now has ordinary pedals on I tend to just use ordinary shoes,when doing shortish journeys.

Have you tried other types of SPD pedals.
I assume you have other shoes that are O.K.?
If anything I seem to get a cold spot, in winter, as if the heat is being sucked out through the cleat area.
I expect with your "hotspot" that the pedals are of minimal area where mine have quite a " contact" area. =
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/productde ... 0000000000
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/productde ... 0000000000

Sorry Cycleruk I didn't make myself clear. Yes I do use other SPD, Most of the time I use a pair of Specialized MTB Sport shoes with either A520 or M537 Shimano pedals, dependent upon the bike, which are very comfortable. What I was trying to point out was that the lidl Shoes are soft soled which is good for walking, but if like me you suffer from hotspot, then these shoes could be a problem,
Last edited by NUKe on 10 Apr 2009, 12:39pm, edited 3 times in total.
NUKe

Post by MikewsMITH2 »

I bought the track pump. Seems quite sturdy and certainly works well. No problem in getting up to 120psi. Haven't yet checked the accuracy of the pressure gauge yet.I also bought the tool kit and they seem OK too. Great value for money. My son bought the repair kit in a saddlebag for £3.90. The bag is well, made there's a multitool 11 patches, big tube of cement and even a tyre bandage. Amazing value.
S.O.S - Save Our Steel!
1971 Raleigh Mercury
2010 Condor Fratello
1980 Peugeot Tandem
1989 MBK Aventure MTB
195? Viking Severn Valley
1951 Raleigh Lenton Sports
See them here http://tinyurl.com/Mikewsmiths-Bikes
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

kevinp wrote:I bought a pair of the cycle shoes yesterday and they fit fine but I am a little confused about what pedals I now need, can I use the shimano M520 peals with these shoes ?

You can use any SPD style pedals. The ones that basically are for mountain bikes.
The M520 is fine.
The only problem I have had is using a "Ritchey" pedal cleat with a Shimano pedal.
Takes a lot to disengage. But the Shimano cleats work in the Ritchey pedals O.K.

The ones the shoes are not designed for are the road version cleat which are designated SPD-R
( "R" for road / racing.!)
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

Thanks for the reply, this is as you probably gather my first set of clipless shoes
glueman

Post by glueman »

Have they got any D-locks this time around?
PW

Post by PW »

No D locks that I've seen, but the £25 toolkit is back. The quality is fine for non professional use, I have one from last time and I've just bought another for my daughter.
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!
Michael R

Post by Michael R »

PW wrote:No D locks that I've seen, but the £25 toolkit is back. The quality is fine for non professional use, I have one from last time and I've just bought another for my daughter.

I bought the toolkit yesterday and used it today on a variety of jobs. Impressed
UrbanManc

Post by UrbanManc »

:shock: , the shoes I bought for £18.79 yesterday are now on sale for £2.99 (mens only).

This is at the cheadle branch, limited sizes (not mine), they have most sizes 6-9.

There's about 15pairs left.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

UrbanManc wrote::shock: , the shoes I bought for £18.79 yesterday are now on sale for £2.99 (mens only).

This is at the cheadle branch, limited sizes (not mine), they have most sizes 6-9.

Nip and buy the lot and then put them on Ebay. :twisted:
saudidave

Post by saudidave »

UrbanManc wrote::shock: , the shoes I bought for £18.79 yesterday are now on sale for £2.99 (mens only).

They only have size 8 left & I take a 9. They have 5 prs left. At Handforth, about 4 miles away from Cheadle they have loads but they are still at £18.58 so I'll do without for now - I'm not paying that crazy price!
noonoosdad

Post by noonoosdad »

Just found this article....
here's the link http://hotukdeals.com/item/377125/cycli ... ow-2-99-l/
In the words of Jacques Cousteau," Il est tout mon cul et Betty Grable !"
UrbanManc

Post by UrbanManc »

noonoosdad wrote:Just found this article....
here's the link http://hotukdeals.com/item/377125/cycli ... ow-2-99-l/

Well done Lidl, even though I doubt they had a legal obligation, I'm still happy paying full price. :roll: