Anyone else bought from impsport ?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
UrbanManc

Anyone else bought from impsport ?

Post by UrbanManc »

I recently joined CTC and decided to buy their branded kit from impsport , bib shorts, s/s top and cap.

This was 10days ago, I've checked the order and it's still at the 'processing' stage.

The website (that is full of missing links and spelling mistakes) does say it may take up to 28days for delivery, this may have been reasonable 30yrs ago, but not today.

I have ordered clothing off Wiggle and received it within 24hrs, I don't expect this from impsport but I also didn't expect zero movement after 10days , surely CTC can hand the job to Wiggle.

Anyone else had problems with impsport ?
Si

Re: Anyone else bought from impsport ?

Post by Si »

I think that they make them up in batches. It's a low numbers thing so if they don't have them in stock then they probably won't want to run off just the one if they can help it. At least this seems to be the case for most club kit companies that I've dealt with. I got mine OK after a short period, and when I found that it didn't fit well the exchange for the next size up was quick.
The case with Wiggle, I would think, is a little different: they only sell mass produced stuff on, they don't manufacture.

And, as you say, the website did warn you that it could take up to 28 days so it shouldn't be any surprise if it hasn't come in 10.
drossall

Post by drossall »

As I understand it they have a very good reputation for customer service. Certainly, when I enquired about some CTC cotton caps that were larger than one-size-fits-all*, they were very willing to make up three specially 25% bigger. They fit beautifully :)

* Since one size doesn't fit all, it is, I assume, an outright breach of the Trades Descriptions Act. I may try taking someone to court one day :D
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

UrbanManc wrote:The website does say it may take up to 28days for delivery

i don't understand what you mean by anyone else? - you've not got a problem yet :roll:
UrbanManc

Post by UrbanManc »

hubgearfreak wrote:
UrbanManc wrote:The website does say it may take up to 28days for delivery

i don't understand what you mean by anyone else? - you've not got a problem yet :roll:

By today's standards it is a problem irrespective of the websites projected 28 days delivery timeline.

The speed at which a customer expects a mail order purchase to arrive has increased since the 1950's, most companies have reacted to customer demand, I won't be using the company again, they are expensive and lax even taking into account their "low numbers" issues.
Si

Post by Si »

Sorry to say this, but you do look like you are groping for excuses to complain about a company that is doing exactly what they said that they would do before you entered into a deal with them.

It gave full warning of how long it could take to come - if you weren't happy with that why place an order?
You knew the price before you bought so if you think it was too much why place the order?

Don't get so caught up in today's "I want it, and I want it NOW" society - slow down, take time to smell the flowers, chilllllll :D . After All, waiting for a CTC shirt (as wonderful as they are :) ) is hardly going to mean that your life is thrown into chaos until it arrives.

If you bought it on the 'net then I believe that your statutory rights allow you to return it unused if you are not happy - so if it's causing you this much stress just ring them up and tell them not to bother sending it and get your money back.
UrbanManc

Post by UrbanManc »

Si wrote:Sorry to say this, but you do look like you are groping for excuses to complain about a company that is doing exactly what they said that they would do before you entered into a deal with them.

It gave full warning of how long it could take to come - if you weren't happy with that why place an order?
You knew the price before you bought so if you think it was too much why place the order?

Don't get so caught up in today's "I want it, and I want it NOW" society - slow down, take time to smell the flowers, chilllllll :D . After All, waiting for a CTC shirt (as wonderful as they are :) ) is hardly going to mean that your life is thrown into chaos until it arrives.

If you bought it on the 'net then I believe that your statutory rights allow you to return it unused if you are not happy - so if it's causing you this much stress just ring them up and tell them not to bother sending it and get your money back.

Totally incorrect, talk about groping.

No mention of delivery date is given except on the order confirmation e-mail.

In fact, I've searched the website and cannot find any statement giving delivery time details, I mistakenly did say that the website provided the information, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.

The link that took me to impsport was from CTC which took me directly to the CTC merchandise page,upon further investigation impsport asks customers (I assume it's referring to large orders from clubs) to phone and arrange details.

" If you bought it on the 'net then I believe that your statutory rights allow you to return it unused if you are not happy" , is a false statement , there is a 7day "cooling off period", The trader must tell you about this right when you place your order.... they didn't .

Impsport are atypical, and the majority will not be willing to bother with such outdated and lengthy delivery times.

Fast delivery is the norm for internet business’s, when you come across a company that doesn't follow that model, it's like turning the tap on and waiting 2hrs for the water to flow.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Si wrote:Sorry to say this, but you do look like you are groping for excuses to complain about a company that is doing exactly what they said that they would do before you entered into a deal with them.

Si their website does say
"Each club joining the new service will be given their own password so members can log in to clubs clothing page and order their own items and have them delivered direct to their door. This breakthrough means that you can order single items at any time you like. There is no need to wait for the rest of the club to place an order enabling quick and easy replacement of any items in the event of an accident."

Which gives the impression that delivery will be quick.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
bianchijim

Post by bianchijim »

Personally, I can see this from both sides.
I bought from Impsport and didn't read the delivery details. After about three weeks, I did think to myself that they had forgotten me. I checked the order confirmation and it did state up to 28 days delivery. The next week, the order was 'complete' and it arrived bang on 4 weeks.
OK, they did what they stated which is fair enough but I guess that it's because they provide clothing that is only available from them, then they are not under any competitive pressures where 'speed of delivery' is a strong sales point.
Jim
Si

Post by Si »

UrbanManc wrote:

Totally incorrect, talk about groping.

No mention of delivery date is given except on the order confirmation e-mail.

In fact, I've searched the website and cannot find any statement giving delivery time details, I mistakenly did say that the website provided the information, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.

The link that took me to impsport was from CTC which took me directly to the CTC merchandise page,upon further investigation impsport asks customers (I assume it's referring to large orders from clubs) to phone and arrange details.

" If you bought it on the 'net then I believe that your statutory rights allow you to return it unused if you are not happy" , is a false statement , there is a 7day "cooling off period", The trader must tell you about this right when you place your order.... they didn't .

Impsport are atypical, and the majority will not be willing to bother with such outdated and lengthy delivery times.

Fast delivery is the norm for internet business’s, when you come across a company that doesn't follow that model, it's like turning the tap on and waiting 2hrs for the water to flow.

<HE>calm down, calm down.</HE>
If you are going to make claims about what their site says without checking then you can hardly complain if people take you at your word.
If it were me I'd ring them up and tell them that you wanted to cancel the order. No, actually, to be fair, I'd just wait for the shirt to come because, after all, it's only a shirt, hardly a matter of life and death...in fact, that's what I did do and have now had my shirt or several months and am very happy with it.

If you want to complain that the delivery period is too long for your liking then that's fair enough, if you want to complain that you were given the impression that the stated delivery period was less than reality then fair enough, but your complaint in the OP suggested that you entered into the sale knowing the delivery period and then, several days later, decided to complain despite knowing that you would be in this situation beforehand. Can you not see why you might get little in the way of sympathy for this?
ianr1950

Post by ianr1950 »

I can't see what you are complaining about at all, as Si has said your OP indicates that you knew the contract you were entering into but late you backtracked on some details so why expect any sympathy.

Personally I have ordered from Impsport and never had to wait more than 3 weeks for delivery.

They are not going to keep everything in stock in all sizes are they.
UrbanManc

Post by UrbanManc »

ianr1950 wrote:Si has said your OP indicates that you knew the contract you were entering into but late you backtracked

I knew I had seen the 28day delivery date and took it for granted that any decent supplier would have provided that information on the website, in fact the information was provided via a conformation e-mail following my order, I'm not backtracking , just taking competence for granted, I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

BTW, the legal deadline for any delivery is 30days after which you can cancel, receive a refund and I also believe you can take legal action for any loss incurred.

If this company is hanging onto my order in the hope that they will receive further orders because a 'single order' is 'not worth their while' then that is unacceptable, I will also check to see if they have debited my credit card before they dispatch, again unacceptable.

If you are willing to wait a month for an order then by all means use this company, but if you believe that a much better service is possible, then don't.
drossall

Post by drossall »

UrbanManc wrote:If you are willing to wait a month for an order then by all means use this company...

Thanks, I will :D
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

drossall wrote:Thanks, I will :D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ianr1950

Post by ianr1950 »

What relevance has the 30 day legal time limit got to what you are complaining about :?:

So you don't deal with anyone who give you a 28 day delivery time.