MickF's chain cleaning regime

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
reohn2

Re: MickF's chain cleaning regime

Post by reohn2 »

To dry off a cleaned chain use the twizzle method(patented and approved by moi) this highly technical cleaning system involves placing the wet chain centrally allowing the ends to dangle over one or two fingers,then twizzling in a propeller like motion either by the side or the overhead twizzle therebye expelling the water by centifugal force.Twizzling can be a pleasant experience and quite satisfying as well as being highly effective.

NOTE:- one must at all costs be careful not to do a "necker" :? as this can be somewhat unpleasant,also Twizzling is not advised around brew time as the stoker/wife/partner may be about to bring out the tea and biscuits and therebye inadvertently causing a "second party necker" :shock: something one cannot be forgiven for, however forgiving the stoker/partner/wife may be, indeed it may result in "quiet meals" (a fate worse than death!) so be warned.Twizzling is best done alone, on dull days to boost the spirits and excite the imagination.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mw3230

Post by mw3230 »

Sorry to be argumentative, but I think twizzling was invented by the Teddy Boys of the 60's but they didn't seem to be taking as much care to avoid neckers!!
Retired and loving it
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mw3230 wrote:Sorry to be argumentative, but I think twizzling was invented by the Teddy Boys of the 60's but they didn't seem to be taking as much care to avoid neckers!!

Oh dear!
My patented and exculsive twizzling system is for the good of mankind.

I find Teddy Bears quite an in offensive lot as they seem to sit in corners of "knick knack" shops looking forlorn in anticipation of an owner,perhaps the '60's ones where a little more forthright in their approach.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden