Poyner's of Wolverhampton

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Grandad

Re: Poyner's of Wolverhampton

Post by Grandad »

During my 17 years in Wolverhampton I was a regular at Fred Willaims shop. On one of the few times that I went to Poyners my Dan Genner bike was stolen from outside it. I missed the Brooks Swallow saddle more than the rest of the bike :(
Davidkirk

Post by Davidkirk »

D3BBD557-BB32-43EB-9733-D033FE43C3EB.jpeg
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Nice bike.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
KennyA

Post by KennyA »

As a gangly schoolboy, I remember Poyner's very well. They encouraged us to spend time drooling at exotic stuff they new we'd never buy in a way that bike lovers understand, but 'unit shifters' find irritating. They provided many a prized bit of kit at great prices, with the parent pleasing feature of allowing me to cycle there with a cheque my dad had pre completed, to collect my latest treasure.
They sponsored local races and I still have a Poyner's Yellow Jersey from a race win in 1983.

I suppose those of us who are nostalgic about these things have become our parents and their return to the Mgbs, etypes and such from their youth.

Cheers, Kenny