... of a cyclist-friendly cafe stop in Easingwold?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
keyboardmonkey

... of a cyclist-friendly cafe stop in Easingwold?

Postby keyboardmonkey » 26 Aug 2010, 10:30pm

I'm doing a C2C at the weekend and should be passing through Easingwold about 4-ish on Sunday afternoon. The last time I passed through (again going west to east towards Crayke) I meant to have a scoot around to find somewhere, but didn't and kept going. Any suggestions would be gratefully received, thanks.

eileithyia

Re: ... of a cyclist-friendly cafe stop in Easingwold?

Postby eileithyia » 27 Aug 2010, 9:10am

http://www.visit-easingwold.com/where-to-eat.html

Show a few eating places inc Yum Yums in the square according to the list.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

Chodak

Postby Chodak » 27 Aug 2010, 4:17pm

The one York CTC often use is Restaurant 21, which oddly enough, is a damn fine cafe in an old peoples home! The link is here, but they close at 3.30pm on Sunday

http://www.amkirby.co.uk/Cafes/C00668.htm. The other two listed cafes for Easingwold close on Sundays.

So an alternative is to look at nearby cafes from the following link provided by Andy Kirby of York CTC

http://www.amkirby.co.uk/Cafes/GridRef.htm#SE56

It shows opening days, but not times, but does give phone numbers.

Hope it helps and good luck with the C2C!

Brian

Postby Brian » 27 Aug 2010, 8:52pm

Chodak wrote:The one York CTC often use is Restaurant 21, which oddly enough, is a damn fine cafe in an old peoples home! The link is here, but they close at 3.30pm on Sunday

Restaurant 21 is closed to the puplic for the next week or so. :cry: Something to do with a new managment team taking over. It will be open as normal after that and they intend to still welcome cyclists.

keyboardmonkey

Postby keyboardmonkey » 27 Aug 2010, 9:07pm

Thanks for the replies, folks. We may need somewhere for a hot drink and cake between Pateley Bridge and Driffield. If we're making good time I could try for Lavender House in Crayke (or otherwise maybe bail out in a place at Brafferton/Helperby if that's still open). Cheers.

Tandem Man

Postby Tandem Man » 28 Aug 2010, 8:08pm

Chodak wrote:The one York CTC often use is Restaurant 21, which oddly enough, is a damn fine cafe in an old peoples home! The link is here, but they close at 3.30pm on Sunday

We have used this and very splendid it was too,bit tricky to find though.

There was someone in the town giving out fliers or we would never have known about it.

Ian
Ian From Wakefield