Med cooler

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
IGrahamL

Med cooler

Post by IGrahamL »

Some time ago, in one of the CTC forums someone mentioned a small portable cooler for medications, it worked (i think) by using evaporation , I've searched using various likely key words but cant find that thread.
I'm hoping that someone has a better memory than me (most of you i should think) and can point me at the thread or the actual cooler.
Or failing that can recommend something - that isn't horrendously expensive
Graham

There is only one ‘end’ and I’m in no great hurry to reach it
Tigerbiten

Re: Med cooler

Post by Tigerbiten »

How cold do you need to keep your meds and for how long.
Plus how much space do you have to carry the box in.

On tour I carry all my meds in a freezer bag inside my trailer box.
The inside of the trailer box is lined with closed foam matting as well, I put it there to stop any noise if things rattled around but it also helps to keep the inside of the trailer box cold.
I found I could keep drinks cold allday in the trailer last summer.
If I needed to keep anything real cold then I'd just buy ice packs and put them in the freezer bag untill they had fully melted.
Then buy another pack and drink the water.
If you cannot get ice packs then frozen peas would work just as well .......... :D
IGrahamL

Re: Med cooler

Post by IGrahamL »

Hi Tigerbiten & thanks for the reply
According to the instructions 'should be kept cool and dry' + preferably out of sunlight, so nothing extra special
Was thinking that something like the 'Frio Duo Pen Wallet ' might be good
I'll not be using it for insulin but for vitamin B12, dimensions approx 30mm dia X 100mm
Should be easier to use than cooler bags in so far as it'll only need water rather than ice/cold whatever
Was wondering what other people used ? besides cooler bags, and if this is what the post i cant find was referring to
Graham

There is only one ‘end’ and I’m in no great hurry to reach it