Cycle storeage

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
adamant

Cycle storeage

Post by adamant »

I am working on an article for an international cycling magazine about cycle storeage. I am mainly interested in innovatative solutions in new housing, but will also include something on retro-fit solutions (such as Bike Vault and the Trimtals bike store). Any pointers would be really helpful. I will post up all my findings, once I am done, so that everyone gets the benefit.

Many thanks

Tim Dawson
Vorpal

Re: Cycle storeage

Post by Vorpal »

“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I've built a low timber / old shed roof garage outside my kitchen window...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
simon1

Post by simon1 »

Our local station has Bikeaway storage lockers http://www.bikeaway.com/ and they are awful to use - presumably only people on MTBs and racing bikes are meant to use them. Or people who don't care about wrecking their mudguards. I "customise" mine with a stick and a bungee to provide a hook to hang the bike from.

I.E. you might consider how versatile the different storage solutions are, for different kinds of bike.
gilesjuk

Post by gilesjuk »

So I guess I won't get my Big Dummy in one?