Help with Touring Frame Size Please

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
unclebob

Help with Touring Frame Size Please

Post by unclebob »

Apologies as im sure this probably gets asked quite a bit, we are looking for a tourer for my mrs and have asked in two seperate bike shops but unfortunately its been a bit vague not a proper fitting as such. A couple of online tools indicate different results too so it's all a bit confusing.
Measurements
Height: 164.00 cm
Sternum Notch: 134.00 cm
Inseam Length: 76.00 cm
Arm Length: 61.00 cm
Shoulder Width: 42.00 cm
Flexiblity: 10
Weight: 47.00 kilo
Foot Size: 5.00 UK

Any help greatly appreciated, many thanks
531colin

Re: Help with Touring Frame Size Please

Post by 531colin »

The "size" will vary with the frame's shape.....sloping or horizontal top tube, etc.
This is the best we could come up with, it helps greatly to actually ride the prospective purchase, second best is having an existing comfortable bike to compare with.
http://www.spacycles.co.uk/info/bikesizing.php
depending on how you measured, 76cm (30"?) leg may have you looking for a bike with 26" wheels
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

My missus is 5ft 5 too, she has her saddle at 36.5" from ground to floor but rides a 46cm sloping top tube bike with a reasonable amount of seatpost showing.
I'd reckon on a standard horizontal top tube type bike you'll want a maximum of 21" though down to 19" would be okay too. Top tube no more than 22" though with a shorter stem. Also dpends on if you want drops or flat bar.
How about taking measurments from what you have already and fitting a bike around that? As in floor to top of saddle, reach to bars from nose of saddle etc.
unclebob

Post by unclebob »

Thanks guys, much appreciated.