Why don't I use Wiggle?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Ambler

Re: Why don't I use Wiggle?

Postby Ambler » 1 May 2012, 1:42pm

Ordered goods Saturday at Wiggle (free delivery)
Received today.

pete75

Postby pete75 » 2 May 2012, 2:12pm

Ordered a tyre 10:30 Monday night from wiggle using the free delivery option. Email sent 7.00 on Tuesday morning to say order processed and tyre ready for despatched . Arrived here this morning via Citylink. Faultless service from both Wiggle and Citylink.
Have ordered goods twice before from Wiggle and enjoyed same quick receipt via Citylink.

carlislemike

Postby carlislemike » 20 Feb 2015, 2:57pm

I have in the past ordered successfully from Wiggle;but recently the service provided has been awful. I had problems accessing a parcel via a collection point which took a deal of time to sort despite having paid for the privilege, I recently ordered some items which were to be sent within 4 working days. This was fine as I was to be away for a few days. I was emailed by Parcel Force with a tracking code and then with a follow up saying parcel delivered. I had ordered the items on the 13/14th February. I specifically stated that if I wasn't in,[b] I wanted them delivered to the next door neighbour . I received an email from the Parcel Force stating they were a) about to deliver the parcel and b) subsequently had delivered the parcel on the 17th February. I returned from my trip to the, on the 19th February, safe in the knowledge the parcel was delivered. I found the parcel at the front of my house, soaking wet and NOT safely delivered. My complaint is twofold:- the delivery service did not follow my instructions as stated on the delivery address; I have checked with the neighbours either side of me! And b) the condition of the parcel. Luckily there were not soft good but were impervious to water damage. I wrote to Wiggle with e most of the above complaint plus, “Your services are wholly inadequate; your delivery methods are incompetent. May I suggest that you update the order from so that the means to issue specific directions to the carrier are left open so that the customer can make specific direction as to place of alternative contact as I believe we used to be able to do and may I also suggest you complain to Parcel Force for what is obviously a direct lie.” I guess they’ll never get back to me as they are no longer that friendly Brit company looking for customer satisfaction but an overgrown and impersonal service. :cry:

Heltor Chasca

Postby Heltor Chasca » 20 Feb 2015, 3:36pm

Hmm. Me too. In the last 6 months I've had 3 erroneous orders. They have been resolved and I've had an extra bag of Haribos each time...hc

Elizabethsdad

Postby Elizabethsdad » 20 Feb 2015, 4:00pm

I stopped using Wiggle some time back after I made an on-line enquiry about one of their events and got a very dismissive (almost rude) automated reply saying my query didn't meet some criteria. What the criteria was was not explained so I could not correct it and in any case I couldn't not see what was wrong with my question. I felt if this was their attitude I clearly wasn't in the desired customer demographic and so would take my business elsewhere in the future.

Jay Gee

Postby Jay Gee » 20 Feb 2015, 6:34pm

I positively prefer wiggle because of the collect+ option. No difficulties with delivery, AND it's easier to sneak yet another parcel in without facing questions from the other half. Never know what to do with the haribos, though.

Godlykepower

Postby Godlykepower » 20 Feb 2015, 9:02pm

I don't have a bad word to say about Wiggle. They aremy preferred supplier but I do use others too.
The service has always been exemplary and the few times I have had to return items (clothes size not fitting me and manufacturers fault in Brooks leather bar tape) it was done without quibble.

The price is always good and they have a great selection f products.
I don't have a gambling problem. I'm winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That's like saying AC/DC have an awesomeness problem.

Heltor Chasca

Postby Heltor Chasca » 20 Feb 2015, 9:40pm

Heltor Chasca wrote:Hmm. Me too. In the last 6 months I've had 3 erroneous orders. They have been resolved and I've had an extra bag of Haribos each time...hc

I was hungry and feeling a bit negative. Just joining the baying crowds. In all fairness they are pretty good save for these little hiccups. They are always pretty keen to make amends and their pricing is good. I also like the fact you can 'wish list' stuff which helps with budgeting.

blackbike

Postby blackbike » 20 Feb 2015, 10:20pm

I've just used Wiggle for the first time in years and this topic pops back up.

I never had a problem with them in the past but haven't used them recently because I always go for the cheapest.

My 8 speed cassettes - a whole £1 cheaper than CRC - are in the post and the email says 8-15 days delivery. That seems a very long time.

Redvee

Postby Redvee » 21 Feb 2015, 12:52am

blackbike wrote:...are in the post and the email says 8-15 days delivery. That seems a very long time.

Never had to wait longer than 3 business days for a Wiggle delivery. Only issue I've had with a Wiggle delivery was when I moaned that an order didn't have any haribo so they sent 4 packets in an envelope but failed to put sufficient postage on it and I had to collect from the local sorting office and pay the postage plus handling fee, which Wiggle soon refunded.

SteveHunter

Postby SteveHunter » 21 Feb 2015, 1:41am

Them haribo are very handy for stuffing in your saddle bag for when you need a little sugar hit.

thornie1543

Postby thornie1543 » 21 Feb 2015, 11:14am

I,ve never had a problem with wiggle at all,and if you have to send something back its easy.I really cant see how anyone could want it any easier,must me very demanding I guess.

Redvee

Postby Redvee » 22 Feb 2015, 1:04am

SteveHunter wrote:Them haribo are very handy for stuffing in your saddle bag for when you need a little sugar hit.

I've got some in my pannier, some in my locker at work and a large bag on the shelf in the kitchen.

blackbike

Postby blackbike » 23 Feb 2015, 1:02pm

Redvee wrote:
blackbike wrote:...are in the post and the email says 8-15 days delivery. That seems a very long time.

Never had to wait longer than 3 business days for a Wiggle delivery. Only issue I've had with a Wiggle delivery was when I moaned that an order didn't have any haribo so they sent 4 packets in an envelope but failed to put sufficient postage on it and I had to collect from the local sorting office and pay the postage plus handling fee, which Wiggle soon refunded.

My Wiggle stuff arrived this morning. It arrived after the Winstanley Bikes and CRC items I ordered at the same time at 11pm on Thursday, both of which arrived on Saturday.

But CRC and Winstanley didn't give me a bag of Haribo and an energy bar with tasty magnesium in it.

Great service from all three shops.

jam05

Postby jam05 » 24 Feb 2015, 10:19pm

I have asked Wiggle a couple of times when I've made an order if they could NOT send me the Haribo as they have gelatine in them and I'm a vegetarian. I wish they'd send me a tasty snack that I could eat but they keep on sending Haribo. Why not some nice Torq bars?
I leave the Haribo on the side at work for the other postmen to eat so that they've got the energy to deliver all the Wiggle parcels to people who aren't in.

I find with couriers that if you put a note on the door saying where you want them to leave the parcel and include some sort of statement with signature like: 'Please accept this signature as proof of delivery' - then they'll leave it where you want it.

The thing is with couriers or postmen is that they get sacked or disciplined if someone complains about a missing parcel so it's not very tempting to leave it round the back and be open to accusations of theft. Royal Mail are telling all their employees now to try 'Deliver to a Neighbour' and are obviously worried that not delivering First Time is affecting its business.

Some couriers are completely useless but these are individuals not entire companies - it's irritating to hear people say "Shitttylink" or "Parcel Farce" because one crap courier or postman doesn't do the job properly when most of us are doing it right to keep our jobs.
Ideally for me every house/flat would have a large secure box outside their door which the postman would have a code for - we put the parcel in there and customer gets it when they get home. But this would cost money and everyone wants free post.