Why don't I use Wiggle?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
gbnz

Why don't I use Wiggle?

Post by gbnz »

Why don't I use wiggle?

Having placed an order, I now remember why, aside from their website design.

They deliver using City-Link. Who've helpfully left a card and suggest I pop down to the depot to pick the goods up :x. It isn't 2.5 miles down the road (Royal Mail), nor has stuff been left helpfully at one of several post offices within ten miles, or wth a neighbour.

Instead it's 50 miles away, a journey which isn't going to happen.

Whats the best way to return Wiggles good's, to Wiggle without collecting? Claim nothings arrived, lose the missed delivery card?
freeflow

Re: Why don't I use Wiggle?

Post by freeflow »

Do nothing. CIty link will contactact you to arrange an alternative delivery time or will send the goods back to Wiggle.
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

My heart sinks when I get a notification that something is coming via City-Link. Like you my nearest depot is nearly 60 miles away. I think you get one chance to re-arrange delivery before it goes to the depot but still a pain. If I knew in advance it was coming with them i would arrange to have it sent to my work address.
'Kernow bys Vyken'
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

I worked for them once for a couple of weeks when I was between contracts. The paperwork was a nightmare! They wanted signatures for everything. You were asking for something like 3 or 4 signatures for every item. Drove me crazy and the pay was crap.
Big T

Post by Big T »

Planet X use DPD and they make 2 attempts to deliver, on consecutive days. They also send you a text to tell you when they are going to arrive (well, which hour anyway).

It's high time that courier companies started offering evening delivery at no extra cost.

The problem of getting stuff delivered, is why I still mainly use my LBS.
My JOGLE blog:
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
twitter: @bikingtrev
fossil

Post by fossil »

When I order stuff I get it sent to work ,
that's where I am every Monday to Friday

works for me :D
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Most of my orders go through crc, sjs, or spa, who all use royal mail and/or parcel force. It's never been an issue; deliveries are put through the letterbox, left around the back, left with the neighbours, at the post office, at the depot next to the shops or even dropped off on their way back home (If it's obvious it may be too large for me to carry on the bike)

Problem with wiggle / city-link, is that they don't.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

I've been through this with one or two supply companies - work related I have to add, not deliveries from cycle-goods suppliers.

Experience tells me that the situations related above are general - or at least very common.

I'm lucky in having a very good LBS, and I'm only a 25 mile ride from Spa. I do buy bike parts and cycle-clothing occasionally by post - never, ever by internet - and I always ask who the shop uses for delivery. If it's not Royal Mail, I've learned not to order. As gbnz has found, my nearest Royal Mail depot is 3 miles away and easy to collect from.

My most inconvenient experiences have been when items were sent to me by Parcel Force.
CREPELLO

Post by CREPELLO »

They must have changed delivery style recently then. All small/med size boxes used to be RM and delivered, usually, by the Postie; large were always delivered by Citylink I think. Wiggle customer service has (had) always been excellent, but I only use them occasionally now.

Things change, perhaps.
Alex L

Post by Alex L »

What have you ordered if you don't mind me asking. I've ordered from Wiggle before and received it via Royal Mail.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Most of the stuff I have ever ordered from Wiggle and CTC/Wiggle comes by Royal Mail/Parcel Force, and I've always had brilliant service. I see no reason to complain in the slightest.
Mick F. Cornwall
MattyDeez

Post by MattyDeez »

I always use wiggle unless i need it straight away, i ordered loads of things together and it came in a huge box that was water damaged and broken, i sent the photo off to wiggle just to mention about it.

This was City-Link!
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Alex L wrote:What have you ordered if you don't mind me asking. I've ordered from Wiggle before and received it via Royal Mail.

Nothing exciting. Two tyres and two inner tubes

The only reason I've used wiggle, is because they're nearly 50% cheaper on the tyre I've ordered for the town bike and have been throughout the last 2-3 years

I can't say the £1.00 saving on the road bike tyre, or the £2.00 saving on the inner tubes would have resulted in my ordering from wiggle
ChrisButch

Post by ChrisButch »

It's no accident that Wiggle have been featured in the general Business pages of the broadsheets as one of the most successful and fastest-growing internet retailers. That just wouldn't happen if the customer service was poor - on the contrary, it has to be outstanding to have the edge over the competition. As for returns, I've just used for the first time the 'Collect' service to get something back to Wiggle. You simply print off a label supplied by Wiggle, take the package to any local convenience store which has a utility bill Paypoint terminal, and they send it back to Wiggle, for free. Brilliant.
sean178

Post by sean178 »

no complaints from me either.
i've used wiggle a few times too, only ever ordered smaller stuff but it has always come via royal mail.
its the free haribo that won me over !!!!
if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving probably isn't the hobby for you !!!