Ride with GPS

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Aushiker

Re: Ride with GPS

Postby Aushiker » 17 Jan 2012, 1:40pm

Reigncloud wrote:+1 for bikeroutetoaster. Have planned and executed three or four tours with this, porbably totalling nearly 8,000 km. The interface is clear and to the point, and if you don't want it to authoroute you can switch this on and off at will.

I just tried it but couldn't just point to a place on the route to identity distance and/or height. Am I missing something? Being able to get an idea how far to the next source of water is pretty important to me.

Andrew

Reigncloud

Postby Reigncloud » 19 Jan 2012, 5:32pm

Aushiker wrote:I just tried it but couldn't just point to a place on the route to identity distance and/or height. Am I missing something? Being able to get an idea how far to the next source of water is pretty important to me.

Create your route by clicking on the map and then click on the Summary tab along the top to show the distance/other details and height profile.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » 20 Jan 2012, 6:03am

Reigncloud wrote:
Aushiker wrote:I just tried it but couldn't just point to a place on the route to identity distance and/or height. Am I missing something? Being able to get an idea how far to the next source of water is pretty important to me.

Create your route by clicking on the map and then click on the Summary tab along the top to show the distance/other details and height profile.

Thanks but that is not what i am referring to I don't think. Going off to re-check. With http://Ridewithgps I can get distance markers along the route and I can place the mouse on any point and get the distance. For example take a look at this route to see what I mean. I can also mark the route with POI, e.g., water sources as I have done in this route. Is this possible in BikeRouteToaster?

Andrew