Of any good cycling books?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
oldmanpop

Re: Of any good cycling books?

Post by oldmanpop »

Still available,best cycle/travel book I've read.Though I admire anyone that embarks and finishes any trip short or epic.An adventurous spirit doesn't always equate to a good author.Cris Osborn author,adventurer and wonderful story teller.Though written over 20 years ago,this is a classic and hasn't dated.Wonderful read and at these prices,best value on the interweb today.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=all
ambodach

Post by ambodach »

I am currently rereading The Highway Man by David E.T.Bell which was first published by the Ayrshire Post in 1970.Well out of print but I have seen second hand copies.Biased towards southern Scotland but with forays into England and the Continent. Some of the stuff these guys did on ordinary road bikes makes modern mountain bikers look like wimps. The road cycling bits bring back many memories of my own early cycling days in the 1950's before the road traffic got quite out of hand. If you can get a copy it is well worth buying. Starts in the 1930's and goes well into post war era and obviously stopped when the man himself died in 1965.
grognut

Post by grognut »

I'm currently reading (again) the "World Beneath My Bicycle Wheels" by Walter Stolle.
It's a record of his 18 year, 400,000 mile, 159 country trip round the world in the 60's and 70's.

Great read. I managed to pick it up for less that £12 just before Christmas but now I see horrendous prices.

Cheers
coffeedrinker

Post by coffeedrinker »

I was given as a present by my brother CYCLEBABBLE
BLOGGERS ON BIKING
edited by james randerson and peter walker
It can be read at random, It aint all good but some of it is.