Wiggle let down.

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
danfoto

Re: Wiggle let down.

Postby danfoto » 18 Feb 2012, 6:46pm

Shamrock Sean wrote:Could it be that it is just CTC members that are having problems I wonder i.e those who get a discount........

Nope. I'm not a CTC member but I've just had a problem with Wiggle and it's the last time I'll be troubling them. See my post here http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=42638&start=15
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

simonrussell73

Postby simonrussell73 » 21 Feb 2012, 1:18am

I have to agree that the service from Wiggle seems to have gone down hill recently.

Like the original post I'm awaiting an order with no confirmation dispatch, but a card through the door from the postie, so fingers crossed tomorrows re-delivery is what I've been waiting for.

I've mostly swapped over to Chain Reaction Cycles - much quicker service and delivery (although I still price check items from one site to another)
Raising ££ for charity cycle please donate here

patricktaylor

Postby patricktaylor » 21 Feb 2012, 8:03am

simonrussell73 wrote:... I've mostly swapped over to Chain Reaction Cycles ...

The danger for retailers who sell exclusively online is the absense of customer loyalty. Threads like these spell the same kind of trouble that TripAdvisor's negative reviews do for pubs, B&Bs, hotels, and restaurants. Wiggle's new owners need to nip this sort of thing in the bud.

Swallow

Postby Swallow » 21 Feb 2012, 8:35am

I would very disappointed if Wiggle really is going down hill as I have used them for many years with no problems. I ordered some tubes last night, obviously not yet delivered but I did receive an immediate email response. I await with unusual trepidation. As a matter of interest this order was not placed through the CTC Shop
'Kernow bys Vyken'

Swallow

Postby Swallow » 23 Feb 2012, 1:21pm

Ordered some tubes Monday evening 19.30, immediate email response, further email to say they'd been dispatched. Tubes arrived today (Thursday) morning. Usual excellent service. No Haribo 'tho
'Kernow bys Vyken'

wirral_cyclist

Postby wirral_cyclist » 23 Feb 2012, 2:34pm

Swallow wrote:Ordered some tubes Monday evening 19.30, immediate email response, further email to say they'd been dispatched. Tubes arrived today (Thursday) morning. Usual excellent service. No Haribo 'tho

I ordered some stuff from Rosebikes.co.UK (actually Germany) on Monday evening and the order was delivered Thursday first thing, but the cost including postage was still less than Wiggle (or CRC). I paid £24.18 inc delivery and Wiggle wanted £26.99 and CRC £24.99 but neither store was even close on the tyre I ordered and was post free because they only charge per delivery.

Redvee

Postby Redvee » 25 Feb 2012, 10:04am

I had an email from Wiggle today, asking me to review the item I didn't receive. I left an honest review of the item and also one of Wiggle along the lines of wether they will be getting anymore of my business.

ossie

Postby ossie » 26 Feb 2012, 11:34pm

Out of my last 6 orders with wiggle in 2011, I have had to cancel 2 of them as items shown in stock werent actually in stock. I wasnt told this I had to chase them up. One of these (Carradice panniers at a price too good to be true) probably were never in stock, or at least a few pairs were put up as leaders to entice customers in on a search engine. It was a pain as it was two weeks before a tour, so ended up buying elsewhere.

The other products arrived on time and I liked the little gifts they put in ie Brooks saddle they threw some assos cream in.

Never had the same issue with chainreaction however find their packaging and couriers to be lacking. Most items are shabbily packed, ordered a Turbo trainer and the whole side of the box was caved in.

I guess these are the problems when dealing with large internet companies.

Redvee

Postby Redvee » 27 Feb 2012, 12:05am

Redvee wrote:I had an email from Wiggle today, asking me to review the item I didn't receive. I left an honest review of the item and also one of Wiggle along the lines of wether they will be getting anymore of my business.

For some reason my review of the missing item didn't meet their guidelines or was it the critical review of Wiggle I left that caused didn't meet their guidelines?

gilesjuk

Postby gilesjuk » 27 Feb 2012, 12:07am

I tend to find their prices uncompetitive and they are often poorly stocked.

But I've not had any problems with orders.

patricktaylor

Postby patricktaylor » 27 Feb 2012, 12:08am

ossie wrote:... chainreaction ... Most items are shabbily packed ...

True, but do they arrive damaged? Not often I suspect.

johnb

Postby johnb » 1 Mar 2012, 3:15pm

I placed an order yesterday morning from wiggle, it arrived this afternoon to my door in Ireland. Approx 24 hours from order to arrival, so their standards haven't dropped that far, in fact I'm very impressed.
The lead Greyhound never has to look at another Greyhounds derrière.

Russcoles

Postby Russcoles » 13 Mar 2012, 12:52am

I ordered a few items from wiggle a couple of weeks ago. Most of the items arrived quickly afterwards but the PDW aluminium loading dock rack was out of stock until the end of Feb. Eventually it was apparently dispatched and I had to go to the post office place to collect it. I was very surprised when they handed me a Wiggle branded padded envelope. I have no idea what the weird piece of plastic enclosed is but it certainly isn't what I ordered. I sent an email asking for my rack and they have replied asking for a photo of whatever they sent me. My camera is broken so I cannot send a photo and there is no mention of any dispatch of the correct item. To say I am displeased with the customer service at wiggle would be putting it mildly.
I have now asked for a refund and ordered it from SJS Cycles who in my experience are rather good.

theking54

Postby theking54 » 15 Mar 2012, 6:13pm

I placed an order on Tuesday and it arrived this morning,Thursday.I must say i've never had a problem with them.always had good service.

easyroller

Postby easyroller » 15 Mar 2012, 9:30pm

No problems with Wiggle for me.

Placed my order for around £40 worth of gear on Monday this week, order arrived on Wednesday.

Free Haribo Sours. :)