Allergies

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
The Mechanic

Re: Allergies

Post by The Mechanic »

Maybe not but OP did say that she had itching elsewhere but it could be localised depending on how a person lies in bed, what you wear etc.
Cancer changes your outlook on life. Change yours before it changes you.
Claireysmurf

Post by Claireysmurf »

I started itching just before bed; I'm sure it wasn't the bed linen. I remember going out to buy Anthisan cream. I certainly struggled to sleep that night.
I have had touches of hay fever in the last week which seems much later for me than normal
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Thread resurrection alert

I had a couple of allergies years ago, raw carrots, I eat lots of cooked carrots now, no problem, no desire for raw carrots

I had allergic reactions (headache, digestive problems) to raw cucumber and raw celery years ago. Saw both in cheapfood today, really fancied them. I wonder whether it would be safe to try them now, have not eaten either for years

Can allergies be 'forgotten'*, any experiences? Or do they persist, even get worse?

* I know one that was forgotten, used to have awful hay fever, it just stopped 26 years ago :wink:
Last edited by Cyril Haearn on 4 May 2020, 6:55pm, edited 1 time in total.
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Steve O'C

Post by Steve O'C »

You poor thing. I hope you are feeling better now.

From your story and the photograph my money would be on this being a Photocontact Dermatitis caused by coming in to contact with a plant then being exposed to sunlight.

https://dermnetnz.org/topics/photocontact-dermatitis/

If so I would expect only those areas of your skin that were exposed to the sun to be affected.

Steve