Advice Please

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Poshgill

Advice Please

Post by Poshgill »

I'm selling my (beloved) Dawes Super Galaxy. I purchased on-line a few years ago (about 2008 I think) and although it is a 53cm frame, it is just a bit too big for me. I've just taken advantage of the Cycle to Work scheme and got a Cinelli Gazetta della Strada. Now, reluctantly I have to let the Dawes go to a good home. It's in very good condition and probably done less than 2,500 miles.

What is the best forum for me to sell? I'm a bit loathe to use ebay, (not sure why!) and obviously if I put it in the local free ads paper, I doubt if I could get a true and reasonable price for it.

I'm sure that many on here have experience of selling bikes, so any advice will be really appreciated.

Cheers

Tom
phil parker

Re: Advice Please

Post by phil parker »

First of all - try and sell it on this Site!
Poshgill

Post by Poshgill »

My God! I feel stupid now! I've been using this site for years and never realised that there was a sales bit!

Thanks Phil (for the advice and for letting everyone know how dumb I am! :D )
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Take a few pictures of it as well ........ picture paints a thousand words :)

Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
horizon

Post by horizon »

Tom: I have sold a Super Galaxy on ebay and bought two bikes there and I have bought a bike from this site. All were faultless transactions. Ebay is good for getting the price right but is more of a hassle and fees will eat into your profit. Nowadays I think I would sell on here for that kind of bike but ebay gives you a much bigger market. For me the worst part of selling a bike is the delivery and you will have to decide yourself about that.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

Hi there, I've been looking for a Galaxy for my daughter to come touring with me on and would definitely be interested! I had a very nasty experience trying to buy one from the sales site Gumtree - a lovely
Dawes Galaxy Tour which turned out - I am pretty sure - to have been stolen; although I had no proof. Thought it was an old bike and it turned out to be almost new - he was asking £100 for it and selling it for a friend...whose name he couldn't remember! I left him to take it to a car boot sale - where someone probably thought they got a bargain.
Poshgill

Post by Poshgill »

Thanks for the useful tips and advice guys. Have just posted the bike on the For Sale board on this forum and have attached some pics (once I discovered how to compress the file!) I agree about delivery but I can certainly deliver to your nearest station if needed, as long as it is reasonable travel from Peterborough (Wick or Thurso is a bit of a push! :lol: )

I'd rather it go to a good home as it is a splendid bike and I will really miss her.

Cheers

Tom