Santa's gift to you

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
chop66

Santa's gift to you

Post by chop66 »

Does anyone know what cycling goodies they are
getting from the fat man in red?

yo hoho! Merry Christmas,

porky 66
easyroller

Re: Santa's gift to you

Post by easyroller »

I'd like to say that sexy new carbon fibre road bike I've been lusting after ....... but it ain't gonna happen!
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

Same :D
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I am the (slightly) fat man in red!

However I did already get a Salsa Vaya as a combined Xmas and very special birthday pressie.

When I was out in the village shopping the other day I saw a granny I know several times with a 2 year old with reins having the most awful tantrums every tiime. So I stopped and had a quiet word... "see this, pointing to my white beard, I am actually Santa, only its not Christmas yet so I haven't got my proper Christmas red robe on, and I have got my eye on you!" . That did the trick, the tantrums ceased and the granny was delighted.

:)

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Yes I know of two things I'm getting but I'm not going to tell you.
I want it to be a surprise. :?
You'll never know if you don't try it.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

easyroller wrote:I'd like to say that sexy new carbon fibre road bike I've been lusting after ....... but it ain't gonna happen!

+1 lol

Probably be more like a new gear box for the mobile bike shed! :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

Mine probably arrved early in the shape of the Rose Xtra Watt 500 that I now commute on - and that was a pesent to myself. Some new clothing for cycling - waterproofs and gloves (Altura Nightvision look quite good) and normal clothing that is good to cycle in would be nice.
bikes4two

Post by bikes4two »

Some tyres that never puncture and a chain that never needs cleaning/is always clean, would be nice, along with a box full of vim and vigour to enjoy another year's great cycling!

If I only get the latter, I'll be truly grateful :D
Without my stoker, every trip would only be half a journey
hexhome

Post by hexhome »

Double pivot callipers for my 1981 road bike, quicker downhill in 2013 :)
pioneer

Post by pioneer »

Nothing, as per usual.

If I want or need anything, I get it myself. Mrs. Santa does not agree with me getting any bikey' stuff as Christmas presents.

Grump....
Merry_Wanderer

Post by Merry_Wanderer »

I'd like Santa to give me a new Brooks Champion Flyer to replace the one that I bought and which is now attached to Mrs MW's bike :-)
jezer

Post by jezer »

Yes, a Pinarello Dogma with Campag Super Record EPS. Oh dear, I'm only dreaming :shock:
Power to the pedals
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

I just got some little Christmas treats; a copy of the Tony Hadland's excellent Sturmey Archer book, and (amongst other things) a copy of an early Dursley Pedersen catalogue, and a copy of 'The Data Book' which contains rather wonderful drawings including many by Daniel Rebour.

BTW If Rebour's dwgs are of interest, there are various others from the pages of old issues of Le Cycliste online here;

http://www.blackbirdsf.org/rebour/

e.g.

BTW I note with interest that #6 shows what is clearly a GH6 dynohub nestling in there.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

Brucey wrote:I just got some... and (amongst other things) a copy of an early Dursley Pedersen catalogue...

Really treat yourself; I spotted one of these on ebay. No idea if they're so rare, but I find it interesting-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pedersen-bike ... 257890d433
jezer

Post by jezer »

Lovely stuff! I bought my first "proper bike" in 1964 (second hand) for £8, It had a shifter on the down tube which operated the front mech. The saddle was rock hard like an anvil. I loved it, wish I still had it.
Power to the pedals