Best time for bargains?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Trigger

Best time for bargains?

Post by Trigger »

Having rarely bought new stuff from bike shops, when is the best time to look for last year's gear at knock down, is there a certain period when it starts and next year's stuff comes out?
phil parker

Re: Best time for bargains?

Post by phil parker »

It's normally the October/November time as next year's stuff usually comes out a couple of months before the start of the year!
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I notice lately that competion's very tight and prices drop daily, or you go under :(
We could do with a post where someone wants a particular item, and replies try and find the cheapest Same item for them :?:
Half the saving goes to whatever :?:
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Late on Christmas Eve used to be good in the supermarkets, but in the last couple of years they seem to be getting clued up!

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
jezer

Post by jezer »

My working life started in the retail sector, although not cycling related. On Christmas Eve everything ended, and we had to mark everything down ready for the sales. This was a real bummer because by then the Xmas spirit had gone. Christmas Day was rather an anticlimax. It must be even worse now with shops opening on Boxing Day. This is one reason why I use the internet for most of my shopping these days.
Power to the pedals
gaz

Post by gaz »

For me it was today.

Having been caught out when my ancient Cateye front lights plunged me into sudden darkness last week, I've been looking for a simple emergency back up.

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/bike-acces ... t/0286526/

In the local store, reduced because of a damaged box to £1.00 :shock: :D

At that price even I couldn't resist opening my wallet. :lol:
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

From experience, when England play football and are on TV, then you can get bargains on eBay. Fact
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

I got 10% off my 2000 model Dawes Horizon when I bought it in Feb 2001, having deliberately waited until the end of the year. The shop assistant grumbled that touring bikes are "just dust collectors". :) I don't get much at a discount because I generally only buy stuff when I need it. I bought a spare rear mech which was reduced when it went obsolete, but that was more about a last chance to buy another compatible with the existing one rather than saving money.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche