Discount at Bike UK

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
BristolScouse

Discount at Bike UK

Post by BristolScouse »

Wonder if anyone can help?
As a member of CTC are we able to discount at Bike UK when we purchase a new bike? The reason for this is when I was enquiring about buying one at my local Bike UK store in Bristol the assistant said yes, and that I would get 10%, now I'm collecting my bike next week and a different assistant said no, only on accessories.
Is anyone able to tell me exactly what we do get please?

many thanks from a newbie :)
Swallow

Re: Discount at Bike UK

Post by Swallow »

I don't know about Bike UK, but my LBS will give CTC and our Cycle Club members 10% on accessories but not on complete bikes. They will often do a deal and include free mudguards or lights and may be discount the bike a little but not 10%
'Kernow bys Vyken'
PT1029

Post by PT1029 »

What Swallow says is generally the case for the bike trade, x% on accessories/parts, but not on complete bikes. It might be the 1st person you spoke to was (how ever otherwise competent) new/Saturday staff? I don't specifically know what Bike UK offer.
Reduced/free accassories when buying a bike is one way to keep people happy.
Having sold bikes before, 10% off is a big bite out of the profit margin on a bike sale!
Newtface

Post by Newtface »

I worked at Bike for four years. Back then the policy was 10% off parts and accessories, but not off bikes ~ I don't imagine that will have changed. They do pride themselves on customer service though, so if you go in with a friendly and reasonable attitude, they may do a "little something " for you.