how mwny hours from a kindle charge

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Vorpal

Re: how mwny hours from a kindle charge

Post by Vorpal »

I've only had the problem once. I left my Kindle on charge. I came home & it was unplugged, so I assumed that it finished charging & Mr. V had unplugged it. I loaded some books and left it. The next day, I got a couple of paper books, as a gift, so I read those first, then went back to the Kindle (about two weeks later).

It experienced the critical battery failure at that point. I had not seen the message about charging it, and Mr. V no longer remembered whether he had unplugged it. So, I don't know how charged it was when I left it. A hard reset didn't work for me, but I reset, it charged it, reset it, charged it, and reset it. At that point it began working again, but still wasn't charged. I was, however, able to charge it. The charge hasn't seemed to hold as well, since, but I still get at least a week from it, so I am not yet considering a new battery.

Most of my friends have been able to sort theirs with some variant of the hard reset, though one friend had to unplug the battery. I found out about this because I posted on Facebook that my Kindle wouldn't charge or reset, and asked my friends for suggestions.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Reigncloud

Post by Reigncloud »

My wife can get through about half a dozen books while on tour so the kindle is a great weight saver over the dead tree versions. I've never had to charge either of ours during a two week tour.

We have the 3g versions which are great if you just want to check your email or a train timetable as the 3g is free worldwide. I still wonder if that costs Amazon a small fortune. I note that none of the subsequent models had the option.
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

3g use is now restricted- Amazon, Wikipeadia and a couple of other things I think maybe. No email or general surfing unless through wifi.
Reigncloud

Post by Reigncloud »

mrjemm wrote:3g use is now restricted- Amazon, Wikipeadia and a couple of other things I think maybe. No email or general surfing unless through wifi.

I just read an article saying that its now been capped at 50mb. No mention of specific websites.

http://gigaom.com/2012/07/24/amazon-lim ... -to-50-mb/
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

Seems you may be lucky- possibly it's only the newer touch and PW versions that have the blocking of access, as opposed to the 50mB limit.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_enc ... CYAA6S4BO5

Mine's a keyboard, so I wonder... Maybe will try it when in Rome, will try to remember, and if I do, will report back. Cheers.