All Strength Bicycle 1954 Info Please

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
milly

All Strength Bicycle 1954 Info Please

Post by milly »

Hi all,

I have one of the above named bicycles and can find no info except whats on the 3 speed SA hub which is the date. Asssuming the wheel is correct one.
It is browny red in colour and a step through frame and cable brakes, any info appreciated.

many thanks
Milly
fishheads eat them up yum
thirdcrank

Re: All Strength Bicycle 1954 Info Please

Post by thirdcrank »

I feel a bit silly asking, but are you sure you have the name right? "The all steel bicycle" was Raleigh's marketing catch phrase.
milly

Post by milly »

Hi,

Yes that is the name as I have not seen one before and many others had not either. I will try and load a pic when get chance
Billebeaver

Post by Billebeaver »

Hi, I know of a company that made All strength cycles, dose it have a trade mark on the front tube with an elephant and the words W.H. Cartwright.
milly

Post by milly »

Yes thats correct I should have mentioned that in the first post
:)
Billebeaver

Post by Billebeaver »

Hi Milly,
My first name is William my middle initial is H. and my sir name is Cartwright, (W.H.Cartwright) the company that made "All Strength Bicycles" was founded by my Grandfather W.H.Cartwright and his two sons R.W and W.H. Cartwright.
I don't know the year they started the company but I still have brochures etc. The factory was demolished in the re-development of Birmingham in the 1960's and alas my father and his brother decided knot to continue with the business.
Love to see a pic.
delboy avenger

Post by delboy avenger »

I came across a W H Cartwright bike.

180102OldBike.jpg
Its nice being retired !!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Billebeaver wrote:Hi Milly,
My first name is William my middle initial is H. and my sir name is Cartwright, (W.H.Cartwright) the company that made "All Strength Bicycles" was founded by my Grandfather W.H.Cartwright and his two sons R.W and W.H. Cartwright.
I don't know the year they started the company but I still have brochures etc. The factory was demolished in the re-development of Birmingham in the 1960's and alas my father and his brother decided knot to continue with the business.
Love to see a pic.

Awesome...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Prince1653

Post by Prince1653 »

With the greatest of respect and as the granddaughter of one of the living relatives of WH Cartwright and sons all strength cycles. I would like to clarify your family tree as my dad is also one of the grandsons.
Ugly

Post by Ugly »

The Veteran-Cycle Club on-line library holds a copy of a 1930s Cartwright juvenile cycles catalogue.