Waterproof Jacket recommendations.

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
georgew

Re: Paramo

Post by georgew »

Tortoise wrote:I have been attracted to Paramo by their reputation and user reports but I've resisted buying because my experience of other allegedly waterproof garments that rely on Nikwax for their water resistance has been very poor, viz. they just leak profusely!

Perhaps I just need to take a chance and try Paramo?

I seem to remember that I bought mine from an outlet on ebay selling Paramo seconds at a reduced price. Never found out what caused mine to be a second and I did look.
Lorimer

Re: Waterproof Jacket recommendations.

Post by Lorimer »

Another vote for Paramo.

I have one of their reversible base layer tops, well used ( 12 + years old ) and it shows little signs of wear.

It was this experience that gave me the confidence to buy their Quito jacket ( which I've only worn a couple of times and is excellent )

Plus they offer a life time guarantee on their products.
martin biggs

Post by martin biggs »

i use an Altura night vision , first one started leaking and was replaced under w/nty
John1054

Post by John1054 »

Just received my second Paramo jacket. Had the original since 1999 - never leaked, washed occasionally as recommended and re-proofed. Starting to show slight wear from rucksack. New one has come with a lifetime guarantee.
picknight

Post by picknight »

Just road-tested my new Endura Flyte jacket. Did a 21-mile, fairly hard and hilly ride. Even though I had too many layers on for the ambient temp, I was never too hot and perfectly dry despite showers and constant drizzle. The jacket is very well cut (in an "athletic" style) and fits beautifully. It's extremely breathable and I think would make a fine commuter jacket. It cost £115 from Evans.