Waterproof Race Cap Advice Please

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Pedalling Pete

Waterproof Race Cap Advice Please

Post by Pedalling Pete »

My "Eager Sport" rain cap needs replacing - but I can find no adverts or website for the firm. Does anyone have contact info, or an alternative model to recommend? It just needs to be a waterproof version of a racing cap. I use a waterproof Lowe-Alpine Mountain Hat with flaps and fleece lining for extreme conditions, but there is a dearth of simple waterproof caps.
Pedalling Pete

Re:Waterproof Race Cap Advice Please

Post by Pedalling Pete »

Dave waited 4 days before replying to his own "What Bike" posting on the Tech Forum - I've waited 18 days without any responses! Thanks to Dan Joyce's article in the latest "Cycle" mag I now have the contact phone number for Eager Clothing (01686 640873), and have ordered the peaked waterproof cap to replace my well used old one. The Eager caps are made of a plastic type material, but I note that the "Epic" cap by "Rapha" uses a cotton material that claims to be waterproof, but breathable. It costs £20. Both these are best suited to the wet British Summer. I note that there is now a warmer type of Winter cap using a Gore-Tex insert, called the Gore Profi Cap. It costs £25 and claims to keep the wind and water out. I'm going to be giving that one a test in the next few weeks.
Blazingsprockets

Re:Waterproof Race Cap Advice Please

Post by Blazingsprockets »

Pete i too have one of these water proof caps which i must have got blimey about 10 years ago it's really ahndy when its raining. I'm glad to know that they can be still bought so i will know where to go when mine comes to the end of it's useful life.

Regards
Rich