one bum

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Bicycler

Re: one bum

Postby Bicycler » 17 Apr 2014, 5:27pm

Alan D wrote:Has she only got one needle in the sewing box?
Does the kitchen knife block contain only one knife?
Have the food mixer or vacuum cleaner only got one tool each?

Good to see feminism is alive and well :wink:

Actually, I can understand if they are in the house as they can get in the way. Some inventive wall mounted storage perhaps?

FatPunkOnBike

Postby FatPunkOnBike » 17 Apr 2014, 5:49pm

Could be a decent ITV reality show, we decide what should go, bike or shoes etc... I personally until recently had 7 bikes, my wife only knew about 4 of them, she keeps out the shed because "its full of spiders". In my opinion, most people won't recognise the difference between them unless they cycle themselves!!!

JohnW

Postby JohnW » 17 Apr 2014, 6:09pm

thirdcrank wrote:Are you sure you want to keep your wife? :wink:

:lol:
Last edited by JohnW on 17 Apr 2014, 6:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnW

Postby JohnW » 17 Apr 2014, 6:13pm

cols3064 wrote:............i only need one bike,.......................I have argos tourer,edison 26 wheeled tourer,which i was going to sell but decided to keep,and a holdsworth pro,so which to keep and which to go

I'd keep the Holdsworth Pro...........but - she's ordering you about :shock: ? - do you order her about?

cols3064

Postby cols3064 » 17 Apr 2014, 6:15pm

TRY BUT IT DOES NOT WORK

HowardW

Postby HowardW » 17 Apr 2014, 6:19pm

One bum, two spaces on a tandem, three .... Seven days a week, :D

MockCyclist

Postby MockCyclist » 17 Apr 2014, 6:38pm

I had to stop asking my wife how many pairs of shoes she needed when she gently pointed out the number of saddlebags and pannier sets I'd collected.

eileithyia

Postby eileithyia » 17 Apr 2014, 7:01pm

thirdcrank wrote:Are you sure you want to keep your wife? :wink:

:lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

eileithyia

Postby eileithyia » 17 Apr 2014, 7:06pm

Definitely need to re-educate wife and/or find another, there are actually women out there who have more bikes than you do.... as well as a wardrobe with several different types of shoes (for different occasions). :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

HowardW

Postby HowardW » 17 Apr 2014, 7:30pm

eileithyia wrote:Definitely need to re-educate wife and/or find another, there are actually women out there who have more bikes than you do.... as well as a wardrobe with several different types of shoes (for different occasions). :lol:

And a pair for each bike

eileithyia

Postby eileithyia » 17 Apr 2014, 9:31pm

HowardW wrote:
eileithyia wrote:Definitely need to re-educate wife and/or find another, there are actually women out there who have more bikes than you do.... as well as a wardrobe with several different types of shoes (for different occasions). :lol:

And a pair for each bike

Lol you know me so well..... :lol: And I still look at shoes everytime I go in a bike shop as well as bikes and clothes of course....

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 17 Apr 2014, 10:16pm

cols3064 wrote:the wife today as told me to get shut of of some of my bikes she says ive only one bum,i tried to explain that they have diffrent uses but that is not good enough and says i only need one bike,by the way ive not many only 3 ,i would like more but this is not going to happen,te bike i have are a argos tourer,edison 26 wheeled tourer,which i was going to sell but decided to keep,and a holdsworth pro,so which to keep and which to go

So two tourers and a road bike?
Start talking about a recumbent, or 3 ;)

Can you articulate the differences between them? I imagine the road bike - tourers is fairly easy, but between those two?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Benethi

Postby Benethi » 17 Apr 2014, 10:34pm

eileithyia wrote:
HowardW wrote:

And a pair for each bike

Lol you know me so well..... :lol: And I still look at shoes everytime I go in a bike shop as well as bikes and clothes of course....

hmm...I have four bikes...and four pairs of cycling shoes...not to mention my 'normal' shoes, which if you look closely are actually a pair of Lidl cycling shoes from which I've taken off the cleats and ripped the velcro off of (the velcro was quite useful too, I sewed it on to my cycling jacket cuffs where the previous velcro had fallen off).

PS. Yes I am a bloke...
"Frankly, I’m suspicious of anyone who has a strong opinion on a complicated issue" - Scott Adams
Photos:
Scott's Travels 2010
Sparky's Travels 2012
Sparky's Travels 2013
:)

Edwards

Postby Edwards » 17 Apr 2014, 11:12pm

If I kept the bikes.estate in the house I would be living in the shed. It may be time for something to move out there :?
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar

Gearoidmuar

Re: more than one bum

Postby Gearoidmuar » 18 Apr 2014, 8:52am

I have 8 bikes, about 16 pairs of gloves, two sets of panniners, 2 rack bags, 3 Carradice Saddlebags, about 8 speedos, 2 bike stands, three helmets, lots of jerseys etc. I do use them. I've been on 77 bike tours.

My wife knows it keeps me happy! She knows as well that all men are nuts.
She's been on 50 tours with a total of three bikes in all that time.