London to Paris bike ride- secure parking for van in Paris

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Moira Percival

London to Paris bike ride- secure parking for van in Paris

Postby Moira Percival » 26 Apr 2014, 9:29am

I am riding with 7 other cyclists from London to Paris in June and a friend is driving the support van and storing the bikes in it each night.

Has anyone suggestions for secure van parking for one night ( Wednesday) close as possible to centre of Paris , for our last night?

I am about to book a prepaid car park space in Paris, but thought I would ask first if anyone had any advice to pass on

Thanks Moira

ukdodger

Re: London to Paris bike ride- secure parking for van in Par

Postby ukdodger » 26 Apr 2014, 11:02pm

Moira Percival wrote:I am riding with 7 other cyclists from London to Paris in June and a friend is driving the support van and storing the bikes in it each night.

Has anyone suggestions for secure van parking for one night ( Wednesday) close as possible to centre of Paris , for our last night?

I am about to book a prepaid car park space in Paris, but thought I would ask first if anyone had any advice to pass on

Thanks Moira

Doesnt the place you will be staying in have a car park.

djray

Postby djray » 26 May 2014, 11:36pm

Hi - I have the same problem but I was looking for a car park for a Mercedes Sprinter van. I found this link today which might help you. http://www.parkingsdeparis.com/EN/reser ... lichy.html

BE1

Postby BE1 » 27 May 2014, 2:27pm

As the link in the previous post shows there are lots of underground car parks in Paris. Most have lots of space in as no self respecting Parisian would ever dream of paying for parking. :wink: Just be careful of any height restrictions and remember to get any bikes off the roof before driving in!