Calling all Xpedition users!

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
simonineaston

Calling all Xpedition users!

Post by simonineaston »

I've been using this route planner/sharer for about 6 months. Up 'till now I've been used to seeing a small green/yellow circle denoting each waypoint. Since a couple of days ago, I no longer see waypoints marked, both on existing routes (see below...) or on any new route I create. I've checked such settings as I can see, and my browser hasn't changed, so I'm rather at a loss to know where my waypoints have gone. Anyone else recognize this issue?
(I have searched the FAQs but can find no reference. There is no direct route to site support that I can see...)
Waypoints on profile - but not on route...
Waypoints on profile - but not on route...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
BeeKeeper

Re: Calling all Xpedition users!

Post by BeeKeeper »

I can check tomorrow, currently on the ferry arriving in Plymouth later today, after our Spanish jaunt. I recognise the yellow dots,can't think why they should vanish. Can you try it in a different browser?

I don't use Xped for route planning as I've found it too unreliable. I tried plotting a few routes and each time something would go pear shaped and I would end up having to start again. I used the new BRT for our Spanish trip and found it fine after a bit of a learning curve. What Xped is good for is taking map snapshots of a route, in my case a route plotted elsewhere and then imported.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Intersting comments Mr BeeKeeper - not had any uncertainty using Xpedition. :-) (other than disappearing waypoints, that is!) re browser, yes tried it both on my MAc (Safari) and my work laptop (IE9) - don't think it's browser version related...
Hope you had a nice trip - just looking out of the window now to see dark dark rain clouds here in Oxfordshire :-(
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Have emailed the good folk at SatMap - can't believe that the apparent removal of so essential a feature as waypoints is deliberate... will keep you lot posted.
S
BeeKeeper

Post by BeeKeeper »

Just fired up Xpedition and yes, the little yellow dots have disappeared. I was going to try and edit a track but I can't now, it seems, select individual waypoints.

Interesting to hear what Satmap have to say.
birchwoody

Post by birchwoody »

I've also found the same issue with poi, the icons have all gone blank
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

I've just checked mine and they're fine :? I planned all my routes through Holland, France and Belgium for my ride last week to Ypres. I don't know if you've tried looking at the route properties or not, but if you right click on the route, away from where there's a waypoint, the drop down menu gives you the option of hide/show waypoints.
Sorry if I'm telling you summink you already know.
I'm using Google Chrome should that make any difference

Steve
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Greybeard wrote:Sorry if I'm telling you summink you already know.

No apology necessary, Greybeard. :D I did indeed notice that option and tried both, without any noticable difference.
How odd that you can still see all your WPs. I've emailed the Good Folk at SatMap and will keep you all posted.
S
ianf37

Post by ianf37 »

This has happened to me and I've got the same problem when connecting via Firefox, internet explorer and Chrome. It was mentioned on the SatMap Facebook page yesterday and they say "Yes we are aware of an issue with the waypoints in Xpedition and we are working to resolve the issue asap."
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

All fixed now!
Bit of a double-scare Tuesday, though, when they emailed me to say the missing waypoint issue had been sorted - I immediately logged on... (no, I remember now - I was at work, so I waited 'till lunch-time ;-)) only to find that none of my saved items were visible after opening! And bearing in mind I'd done hours of planning various charmingly colour-coordinated routes around Scafell Pike, I was some-what discombobulated... another email to the SatMap and they fixed it by mid-afternoon.
As far as I know, it is all back to normal - and they've extended my premium renew date :-)
S
BeeKeeper

Post by BeeKeeper »

Bit odd with me. Old routes I load are not showing waypoints but if I make a new one they are showing. Needs further investigation...