Selling a Thule Bike rack

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Cycleking

Selling a Thule Bike rack

Post by Cycleking »

9105 High level rack, which fitted my sisters Corsa and my KA very well. The problem's start when you sell the cars, and want to get rid of the rack! How do you find out what other models of cars these racks fit for any prospective buyers? Thule's fit guide (cleverly) makes you enter make of car first, so you can't work backwards to find out what other makes it fits. Anybody know anymore, and where the best place to sell might be?
Ank@eel

Re: Selling a Thule Bike rack

Post by Ank@eel »

These look pretty universal to me, I have had similar carriers and they are adaptable to most hatchbacks or estates. Offer them for sale on the forum, I am sure they will sell (if the price is right).
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

I agree with Ank@eel, the carriers are pretty much universal, it's the roof bars or rails that they are fitted to that are car specific
'Kernow bys Vyken'
chocjohn9

Post by chocjohn9 »

There are three holes at the "top" of this rack (I have the same) and depending on your car, Thule tells you which hole to put the "pin" in. When I changed car from a smaller one to a large estate one, naturally it didn't fit the new one, so I drilled more holes, 2cm apart, so now it fits any car you could mention. I think they come with three holes originally in order to push their sales.
tim-b

Post by tim-b »

Hi
Is this what you need? (it lists the Corsa under Opel) http://cdn2.static-tgdp.com/assetloader.axd?pimid=910501&id=365113&brand=Thule&market=GB
The link will take you directly to a *.pdf file, so you'll need a suitable reader
Regards
tim-b
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~
AMMoffat

Post by AMMoffat »

I sold a Thule rack recently through this forum. Check out the "For sale - bits of bikes" section. You could put a link to the Thule fit guide in your listing so prospective purchasers can check for themselves whether it will fit their car. If you don't want to post it then just state "collection only" in your listing :D