Reg Harris Decals

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
JohnChell

Reg Harris Decals

Post by JohnChell »

I am looking for a full set of frame decals for a Reg Harris "international" bicycle which I intend to restore. I believe that these bicycles were produced in macclesfield for a period of three years after harris had initially retired from racing, I believe my frame to be a 1960/61 model. At present I have the frame and a number of other cycle parts, however the cosmetic condition of the frame is poor and the existing decals (which are discernable but in poor condition) will be lost as the frame is repainted. Can anyone suggest a source for a set of decals? ( I have already tried H Lloyd)

Thanks John

manc68

Reg Harris Decals

Post by manc68 »

Hi, I have exactly the same frame which I'm trying to refurbish, did you have any luck finding the transfers?

Best wishes

Paul
manc68

Re: Reg Harris Decals

Post by manc68 »

Hi thanks for this but it appears they don't from their listings.
Paul
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

manc68 wrote:Hi thanks for this but it appears they don't from their listings.
Paul

indeed. their website's not the best on the net, but he does state

Our stock of transfers gives availability to off-the-shelf stock, rare small volume stock (that will often not be listed - please ask !
whoops

Post by whoops »

just type in

www.lloydcycles.co.uk

He has thousands of decals of all names and sizes. If you don't get it there-- well !!
JohnChell

Post by JohnChell »

When I got this frame it was a gift for my father who had one of these new and always regretted the fact that he let me ride it in my teens, and I bent the frame beyond repair, A long story.... He managed to get the transfers scanned and reproduced to a good standard by a local vinyl sign maker in the Great Yarmouth area, the end result looks good. He has a computer disc which has the images for all the frame decals so that other sets can be produced if they are needed. I'm sure he would be prepared to share what he has if it helps sort out another Reg Harris frame. Get in touch if you would like more information, cheers, John.
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable and to give an appearance of solidarity to pure wind" -George Orwell.
manc68

Post by manc68 »

Hi John, you're a star. If I could access the images I'd be very grateful, I'd almost given up hope and had resolved to have it painted up in a different colour instead without the decals.