Islabikes CNOC 16 mudguards

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
belgiangoth

Islabikes CNOC 16 mudguards

Postby belgiangoth » 5 Sep 2014, 7:50pm

I recently bought a CNOC 16 for the little cyclist, and it is truely a fabulous bike. The mudguards, which arrived fitted with the bike, enthuse me less, especially since the fitting on the rear is so tight that the smallest bump leads to tyre rub.
Has anyone had experience in modifying the mudguard setup on these bikes?
If I had a baby elephant, it would point out that there is no evidence for planing. Then it would eat all my bananas.

HowardW

Re: Islabikes CNOC 16 mudguards

Postby HowardW » 7 Sep 2014, 10:19am

Hi,

I tweaked ours, making sure that the bolts were tight first as they came loose once and then just a small pull to make sure they are aligned on a regular basis.

H

sore thumb

Postby sore thumb » 7 Sep 2014, 4:32pm

My daughters had two bikes from Isla, both with mudguards and had no issues.

They set them up spot on with no tyre rub. Also found them very easy to adjust.

ArMoRothair

Postby ArMoRothair » 7 Sep 2014, 8:39pm

belgiangoth wrote:I recently bought a CNOC 16 for the little cyclist, and it is truely a fabulous bike. The mudguards, which arrived fitted with the bike, enthuse me less, especially since the fitting on the rear is so tight that the smallest bump leads to tyre rub.
Has anyone had experience in modifying the mudguard setup on these bikes?

I never found a solution for it. As you say, the smallest knock and it would be rubbing again. It drove me mad every ride.

I tried adjusting the brackets so the stays were at their maximum lengths; this would work for a while but the next bump and they'd be rubbing again.

Eventually the tyre thread will wear down, and the space between tyre and brackets will increase, but our daughter outgrew the 16" first and she moved to the 20" which doesn't suffer from this problem.

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 11 Nov 2019, 8:28pm

We've just had the same problem.

After a lot of communication with the factory which was helpful but didn't solve it... we moved the clip along the guard. (There's a screw on the inside.) And now have enough clearance.

Jonathan