If I was to buy a Gopro

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Dave W

If I was to buy a Gopro

Post by Dave W »

Any suggestions of the best place to purchase one? I've been looking at the Hero 3 Silver model in Jessops today but by the time you've added a scandisk and a couple of mounts the price shoots up £100 easily. There seem to be a few bundles about (Argos, Amazon etc.) Is it better to source the basic camera from a major supplier then the mounts from ebay?
borisface

Re: If I was to buy a Gopro

Post by borisface »

Why would you bother?
Dave W

Post by Dave W »

Because I have another reason for using one besides on a bike so I'm turning it over at the moment.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

I would check; Wiggle, Chain Reaction, Evans etc and compare them all to see what 'bundle' they are offering.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
easyroller

Post by easyroller »

Buy the mounts seperately, especially if it's a bike mount as the GoPro one isn't the greatest. There's plenty of third party gear available for them and I've found the K-Edge mounts to be rock solid (not the cheapest though). Memory card can be sourced elsewhere too but be sure to buy a fast one so you can shoot in HD without any trouble.
Ank@eel

Post by Ank@eel »

Check out 7dayshop.com for SD card deals (and many other things). I have used the site many times and it has always been reliable.
BSRU

Post by BSRU »

At this time of year as the dark mornings/afternoons draw in, you should consider the GoPro is not the greatest camera in low light conditions.
Dave W

Post by Dave W »

Yes, it looked quite poor when the white model was compared to a Sony model on youtube.