intense foot pain

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
landsurfer

Re: intense foot pain

Post by landsurfer »

It would appear that I have a "non-alcoholic fatty liver ", diet change and all will be well, but I am producing industrial amounts of uric acid.... which is leading , despite all the NHS medical professionals saying otherwise, to ...GOUT !!! Massive gout ..... so why am I producing the uric acid .... ????
Yes, I went private ...Podiatrist... top chap ... £63 + vat, including scan of liver.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Some GPs only get 10mins per patient, that includes reading your notes, calling you in, waiting for you to find the room, seeing you, examining you, writing up the notes and any prescriptions etc, all in 10 mins! Once a patient takes longer than this then they are playing catch up, having to try to see patients in less than 10 minutes. It's a good job people don't show up.
don1

Post by don1 »

I haven't been to my gp yet, but I've also recently developed intense foot pain. Seems to be the ball of the foot and/or surrounding tendons.
climo

Post by climo »

Don
Look up Mortons Neuroma ( too early to get spelling right!). Pain in the small toes side of the foot. Cured by orthotics. Go to a podiatrist.

Could be the OP too
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

don sounds like Plantar f. As has been said get a referral from your gp, they will do this via a phone call rather than an appointment and get to the podiatrist soonest.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

I had this when using SPD SL cleats, when I switched to Look, all good!
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

I went for the Look Keo with 4 degress float, they are extremely comfortable and bery easy to in /out.