Code for buying from Cotswold Outdoor

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
JJF

Code for buying from Cotswold Outdoor

Postby JJF » 4 Dec 2014, 10:11pm

I've been trying to get the code to buy from Cotswold Outdoor.
When I enter my username to log in it tells me that the username is reserved.
Hopefully it is ....to me.
I thought maybe the problem was that I was already logged in to the forum so I would be logged in twice which might not work. So I logged out of the forum and tried again. Still won't work. Tried logging in using email address. No!

There is something about logging in to the "old site" and the "new site". Is there a new site? How would I know? How would I recognise it?
Can anyone explain?

Si

Re: Code for buying from Cotswold Outdoor

Postby Si » 8 Dec 2014, 10:30am

I know that people on this forum always try to be helpful to their fellow CTC members, but could I request that we do not post the CTC discount code for Cotswold Outdoors as the CTC code is one of the membership benefits and the powers that be would not like it broadcast to all and sundry!
Thanks.

Si

Postby Si » 8 Dec 2014, 10:34am

The log in details needed to log into the CTC web site (where the Cotswold Code is) are (probably) different to the details that you use to log into the forum as they are two separate entities.

If unsure of the website login requirements then your best bet (assuming no one with more info comes along here) is to either use the help facility on the website or to phone up membership at CTC head office and they should be able to both sort out your login and give you the Cotswold code. Local rate number for calling membership: 01483 238301 , or email to : membership@ctc.org.uk

mmuk

Postby mmuk » 8 Dec 2014, 11:49am

be aware that the 15% discount is only on full priced items. Anything on special offer/sale etc is not reduced. (and seeing as nearly everything in the shop the last time I went in was 'a special price' it was a bit of a waste of time presenting my membership card at the end!)

MM

Bicycler

Postby Bicycler » 8 Dec 2014, 12:02pm

mmuk wrote:be aware that the 15% discount is only on full priced items. Anything on special offer/sale etc is not reduced. (and seeing as nearly everything in the shop the last time I went in was 'a special price' it was a bit of a waste of time presenting my membership card at the end!)

MM

That, and there are generally much cheaper places to buy your outdoor gear even with a discount. On the other hand, such places aren't always as handily placed on the high street with such helpful and knowledgeable staff.

Cotswolds offers the same discounts to other organisations such as YHA, Ramblers, Scout Association, some trade unions and employee benefit schemes,so JJF may be able to access the discount that way if he/she is a member.

enigmatic

Postby enigmatic » 8 Dec 2014, 6:24pm

Just present your CTC membership card at the till and you'll get the discount.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my SM-T310 using Forum Fiend v1.2.11.

JJF

Postby JJF » 8 Dec 2014, 9:47pm

Thanks for all responses.
I emailed my question to CTC HQ and learned the procedure.
JJF