Steve abraham attempt

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Cyril Haearn

Re: Steve abraham attempt

Post by Cyril Haearn »

No, not a calendar year, I would start in October to get the winter over with. TG did two winters to reach 100 000 miles, was that intentional, were winters better than summers then?

It would be best to sleep at the same place, maybe move and spend a few weeks elsewhere, but not moving on every night

I am starting to dream up a cycling year when I retire, 200-300 km a week, maybe 12 000 km in a year
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Lets crowd fund a flat circuit attempt, some where warm and dry ...... crowd fund the cycling, his mortgage, the gas and electric et al .... let him ride... with out worry....Miami ... ?
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

landsurfer wrote:Lets crowd fund a flat circuit attempt, some where warm and dry ...... crowd fund the cycling, his mortgage, the gas and electric et al .... let him ride... with out worry....Miami ... ?

He already got well funded by joe public, why should people fund again, so that a brit can regain the record? :roll:
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
I am starting to dream up a cycling year when I retire, 200-300 km a week, maybe 12 000 km in a year

I do that much anyway and I'm still at work. :)
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

TrevA wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:

I do that much anyway and I'm still at work. :)

Then you must go for the record!
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

I am starting to dream up a cycling year when I retire, 200-300 km a week, maybe 12 000 km in a yea

I do that much anyway and I'm still at work

I did when commuting, racing and riding audaxes. Now 23 years into retirement and averaging 10 miles a day is a real challenge as I can only get out twice a week. Can't see the lifetime total of 365,735 going up by much more
PH

Post by PH »

Steve has posted on twitter that he's spending the last day on the challenge in the local Weatherspoons, a very sensible choice.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Channel tunnel service tunnel, there's a video of Chris Froome riding through it, I wonder if the main stretch of it is level, not sure what traffic it has in it mind. Are you allowed to draught anything? On Speed with Guy Martin he broke the cycling speed record by cycling very close to the back of an adapted truck, it starts getting silly though, get a self driving greenhouse on wheels, then cycle within it.

I think part of the problem with press coverage is that it goes on so long and I assume there's not much access to the athlete, who is always going to be exhausted and perhaps not in the mood for an interview, with nothing much to add since the last time they were interviewed.

It would just be so boring though! I assume they have headphones and listen to something but what would you listen to? The radio? Music? Learn a few foreign languages? Audio books?