My kingdom for some rim tape...

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Geoff.D

Re: My kingdom for some rim tape...

Postby Geoff.D » 18 Jan 2015, 2:35pm

I've got a little CD player in the garage, and I took a stack of CD's across a couple of years ago. In that stack I've now got -
1. Boxes with the right CD
2. Boxes with a missing CD
3. CD's with no matching box

No one else to blame except the CD fairy, who (I believe) is related to the p******* fairy.

TimP

Postby TimP » 22 Jun 2015, 7:29pm

fastpedaller wrote:In the middle of a woodworking task I COULD NOT find my pencil, having searched for 20 minutes all pockets, toolboxes, worksurfaces and under bench I eventually found it behind my ear :roll:

I've done that sort of thing so often that nowadays when tackling a job I make sure I have 3 pencils on hand. For electric work I have 3 test pens and 2 sets of wire cutters as well as my all in one cutter and stripper tool. It's the only way to keep the frustration levels manageable.

Strangely I can work on mechanical things like cars and bikes with just the right number of tools. Go figure.

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 24 Jun 2015, 6:58am

A friend at school was poking around in their pencil case getting rather frustrated. I asked what they were looking for, "my fountain pen" was the response.

No prizes for guessing what they were using to poke around in the pencil case with...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Redvee

Postby Redvee » 24 Jun 2015, 11:35am

We've all done similar, looking for something we're holding. My favourite at the moment is looking for my keys in the pockets of my jersey/jacket etc as I leave for work. Go through all the pickets 2/3 times then remember they are hanging from my mouth.

Geoff.D

Postby Geoff.D » 25 Jun 2015, 1:30pm

My local hospital is 15 miles away. When I have an appointment I take my Brommie so that I can avoid the car parking fee by parking a quarter of a mile away and cycling in. I did so last week, and duly parked outside a local Post Office nearby. When I got back to the van I couldn't find my keys. I searched my bag; looked around (and under) the van; rode back to the hospital slowly; enquired at the hospital; rode back slowly. No luck. I decided I'd have to go to the police station the next day in the forlorn hope that someone would hand them in.

So, I set off for home with a heavy heart (not finding a Brommie very comfortable over such a distance). My "recumbent" muscles did their best, but my legs were still "jelly" at the end. My partner duly arrived home from work and we set off to rescue my van. On the way, she asked two questions - wasn't the Brommie a folder and so why hadn't I got on the bus? Hadn't I thought to ask in the Post Office?

Well....you can guess the rest. The keys were in the Post Office and (even if they hadn't been) the bus service was hourly. Doh !!!