Postage/Courier costs

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
bogmyrtle

Postage/Courier costs

Post by bogmyrtle »

I've got a bike frame that I will need to sell sometime soon. Can anyone tell me how to estimate delivery costs in the U.K (sending from southern Scotland).
A bike does more miles to the banana than a Porsche.
LollyKat

Re: Postage/Courier costs

Post by LollyKat »

Try Parcel2Go to compare prices and find the best deal. Of course you need to work out the weight and box dimensions first.
FarOeuf

Post by FarOeuf »

bogmyrtle wrote:I've got a bike frame that I will need to sell sometime soon. Can anyone tell me how to estimate delivery costs in the U.K (sending from southern Scotland).

I sent a frame back to Thorn/SJS (from Edinburgh) and it cost about £30, which included an optional £500 damage cover. I used the Post Office to send via Parcel Force (I believe). I think they have a size restriction, so pick up a child-sized bike box from a bike shop, as small as you can fit the frame into.

cheers,
quack

Post by quack »

I sent a bike frame via parcel force from my local depot (48 hour tracked service, flat rate, (i.e. £100) compensation ) last week. I paid around £17inc vat.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Parcel2Go hs the advantage over ParcelForce of they collect from your address, I've used them myself twice ending a complete bike and a frame/forks, paid £20 each time.
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

Redvee wrote:Parcel2Go hs the advantage over ParcelForce of they collect from your address, I've used them myself twice ending a complete bike and a frame/forks, paid £20 each time.

ParcelForce 48 do collect from your home address :) Just sent a frame and forks for £16.90 (standard insurance up to £100)
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
mr_mark_sid

Post by mr_mark_sid »

Paisley Freight offered the best value we found when we did this recently. It seemed a friendly, reliable service:
http://www.paisleyfreight.com/bike-delivery.php

m
bogmyrtle

Post by bogmyrtle »

Thanks for the suggestions. Plenty to go on there.
A bike does more miles to the banana than a Porsche.