London beginner

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
nathb

Re: London beginner

Postby nathb » 13 Apr 2015, 9:08pm

I'm quite new to London and have really been enjoying Richmond park, particularly as it's slightly safer than the roads around here (Ealing).

Even after a few months of cycling around it I'm still seeing vast improvements in my times, and with varying weather and obstacles (cars and deer) - I just don't seem to be getting bored of it.

Maybe I'm easily pleased though.. :shock:

Heltor Chasca

Postby Heltor Chasca » 14 Apr 2015, 9:20am

nathb wrote:I'm quite new to London and have really been enjoying Richmond park, particularly as it's slightly safer than the roads around here (Ealing).

Even after a few months of cycling around it I'm still seeing vast improvements in my times, and with varying weather and obstacles (cars and deer) - I just don't seem to be getting bored of it.

Maybe I'm easily pleased though.. :shock:

not at all. Cyclists are very discerning. Your happiness is a result of cycling induced endorphins...b

Vorpal

Postby Vorpal » 14 Apr 2015, 12:10pm

Sweep wrote:Yes, very bad form to not give some sort of feedback.

I don't understand. the OP had a reply less than 12 hours after posting. Maybe the first people who looked at it aren't Londoners.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

LollyKat

Postby LollyKat » 14 Apr 2015, 1:31pm

Sweep and others are complaining that the OP hasn't acknowledged all the helpful replies s/he has had. I think they are justified - the OP asked for info and advice on 28 March at 10.03pm, but last visited at 10.49pm on the same date! :shock:

Vorpal

Postby Vorpal » 14 Apr 2015, 1:34pm

LollyKat wrote:Sweep and others are complaining that the OP hasn't acknowledged all the helpful replies s/he has had. I think they are justified - the OP asked for info and advice on 28 March at 10.03pm, but last visited at 10.49pm on the same date! :shock:

oh. of course :) There were a couple of posts further up that no one had replied to the OP, so I read the others in the same vein :oops:
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom