Help! Lejog mechanical, N. Lancs

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
andy_l

Help! Lejog mechanical, N. Lancs

Post by andy_l »

I know this isn't really the right forum, but we're in Premier Inn Preston North, on our way north and my son's rear wheel has a dodgy freehub on his rear Spa wheel (Deore LX hub). Ideally we'd like to find a new 700c rear wheel in a shop north of here (Lancaster?) The bike is rideable but noisy, we're not sure how long it will last! Any suggestions from North Lancs members? Andy 07890237518
geocycle

Re: Help! Lejog mechanical, N. Lancs

Post by geocycle »

Best bet in Lancaster is probably Leisure Lakes on A6 on way into town. Or give Ian a ring in Garstang http://www.bowlandcycles.co.uk/services
andy_l

Post by andy_l »

That's great thanks I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow. It might save 'someone' coming up to Lancaster on the train with a wheel, which is the current fallback solution!
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Have you tried flooding it with some WD40 or the like, it might free up a sticky pawl if that's the problem ?
Nu-Fogey
andy_l

Post by andy_l »

I think it's beyond that. .. a new off-the-shelf Tiagra road wheel has solved the problem. Personally delivered to Oxenholme station by mrs andy_l. Son will investigate the old wheel when we get back but rim was pretty worn also! Thanks to all for help.
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

Glad you are sorted, good luck with the rest of journey. Cracking weather forecast tomorrow!