IWGB Union Cycle Instructor Survey 2021

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
gaz

IWGB Union Cycle Instructor Survey 2021

Post by gaz »

I'm not an instructor, this may be of interest to those who are.
The purpose of this survey is to better understand your views on being an instructor to help the branch address instructors' needs.

We want to know about the challenges you face, issues with the job e.g. unpaid admin and how you think we can help make improvements.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... w/viewform
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
PH

Re: IWGB Union Cycle Instructor Survey 2021

Post by PH »

I'm not an instructor either, but I am a member on the IWGB.
It's a worthwhile organisation for anyone in the independent sector/gig economy.
Si

Post by Si »

Have I missed something, or does it ignore all of those volunteer instructors out there? Well, when I say "all" ... I'm assuming there are still a lot out there, but given the changes to bike ability over the last couple of years I may be wrong as they do seem to be making it harder and harder to be a community volunteer instructor.
directdrive

Post by directdrive »

PH wrote:I'm not an instructor either, but I am a member on the IWGB.
It's a worthwhile organisation for anyone in the independent sector/gig economy.

IWGB is an excellent organisation. I was a Deliveroo rider just before they really got started, and I wish they'd been around in Bristol at that point. They ended up winning some really important victories on pay conditions and it would have made life a lot easier.