Bikeability drops National standard Instructors

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
keepontriking

Bikeability drops National standard Instructors

Post by keepontriking »

Now that Bikeability aka Cycling England has dropped listing National Standard Instructors on its site and is strongly going down the Local Authority route, is there any central resource that lists independent qualified instructors?
nigel_s

Post by nigel_s »

Just looked on the Bikeability site to check this. When did this happen? Thanks for not telling us Bikeability!
Fredpedal

Post by Fredpedal »

I too have just checked the Bikeability website. I'm confused as to how local authorities who do not offer Bikeability are still listed but independent Bikeability instructors have been removed.
keepontriking

Post by keepontriking »

...and how can a local authority that does not even offer National Standard Training (let alone Bikeability) be awarded a six-figure public money grant from Cycling England to provide it before March 2009?

...and furthermore the local authority admits that it has not decided how it will or can be delivered.

Something is VERY VERY Wrong :?
pops

Post by pops »

The whole thing is very ill thought out. Where I work trainers are no longer put through the National Standards training, or required to put themselves through it, yet the authority is accredited to deliver Bikeability.