Instructor Training

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
mad dad

Instructor Training

Post by mad dad »

Is there anyone in the Northampton area who is willing and capable of training me to become an instructor? This is a serious request, please don't reply if you are not in a position to offer training.
Thanks

Mad dad
towedhaul

Re:Instructor Training

Post by towedhaul »

Hi Mad Dad
If you don't find anyone in Northampton you could come to Bristol. Look at www.lifecycleuk.org.uk for details.
Cycle Training UK offer courses in London....
mad dad

Post by mad dad »

Hi towedhaul

Thanks for a quick reply!

I find it hard to believe that enough people would actually pay for someone to teach them how to ride a bike, to make it possible to earn a living from it. That's what I really want to do-well, what I REALLY want to do is give up the car, but still earn money, and as I enjoy cycling so much, I see no reason not to try it. But as I said at the start, do people really pay for cycle training?

I'm a driving instructor, and most parents and friends think they can 'teach' it, so my main competition comes from them, not other instructors. Hope to hear from you again.

Thanks again for the response

Liam
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

If you contact cycletraining@ctc.org.uk they will be able to advise you who is your nearest NSI training provider., probably London although I remember seeing something about Cambridge getting involved but I can't be certain it was as a training provider. Manchester is another place that you can train.

Do you know that you can also apply for a bursary towards the cost of the training programme too, again from the CTC?

Wendy
mad dad

Post by mad dad »

Hi Wendy

Again, thanks for your reply, it's useful information, and I will look into that!

Liam