Parliament and BHIT

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
Wendy

Parliament and BHIT

Postby Wendy » 21 Apr 2006, 9:21pm

After they tried to hijack my business in this neck of the woods, I got a very threatening letter from them but the promise of a retraction together with them supplying my website addy.

However they are now also claiming to want to put together a list of courses that instructors are running for their supporters as parents are constantly asking them but in my experience if a parent is sufficiently serious, they will find their way to you without going via BHIT.

After what they did to me one moment being all sweetness and light and the next threatening me because I ask to have the record set straight - it's more a case of 'you'll do as I say and not as I do', beware!! I don't trust them further than I can see them and as I can't see them ...

By the way, the proposed ride to lobby parliament, apart from John, until today and then privately, because there has been absolutely no interest I have now taken on work and although Dilys and Lindsi would have also joined the melee, with less than a week to go and no input from anyone else I've pulled out .. a shame, it would have been good if the support had been there but at least we tried!

:-(

keepontriking

Re:Parliament and BHIT

Postby keepontriking » 21 Apr 2006, 11:18pm

"By the way, the proposed ride to lobby parliament......I've pulled out .. a shame, it would have been good if the support had been there but at least we tried!"

Well done for the idea anyway. I was looking forward to it.

keepontriking

Postby keepontriking » 21 Apr 2006, 11:20pm

However they are now also claiming to want to put together a list of courses that instructors are running for their supporters as parents are constantly asking them

Where are they doing this?
Is there a web reference or is it purely individual approaches?

John

keepontriking

Postby keepontriking » 21 Apr 2006, 11:21pm

However they are now also claiming to want to put together a list of courses that instructors are running for their supporters as parents are constantly asking them

Where are BeHit doing this?
Is there a web reference or is it purely individual approaches?
Are they advertising their training anywhere?

John

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 16 Jul 2006, 7:24pm

At least somebody has got something out of cycle helmets, the wonderful Baroness Hayman, originator of the BHIT, has now become Speaker of the House of Lords. (I understand that as part of the modernisation of this role, formerly held by the Lord Chancellor, less emphasis will be placed on the dressing-up box. I suggest she be compelled to wear a crash helmet.) Mick Agar