How easy is it to find work if I take instructor training??

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
hippyonwheels

How easy is it to find work if I take instructor training??

Postby hippyonwheels » 28 Jun 2009, 1:47pm

Hi gang, am considering doing 1 week instructor training course with Life Cycle in Bristol. Anyone know how easy it is to find work once qualified? Was envisaging approaching local schools/ youth clubs. I already work part time so just looking for something fun and fulfilling to help top up my wages. Any advice gratefully received.
I never panic when I get lost lost- I just change where I want to go (Rita Rudner)

adinigel

Re: How easy is it to find work if I take instructor training??

Postby adinigel » 28 Jun 2009, 2:33pm

One of teh problems is finding people that want to pay for training. You may well be able to get some work out of LifeCycle in Bristol but, because you are working through someone else, it may not be very well paid. I think it is them that only like to use local trainers, though I could be wrong on that, there is more than 1 training organisation in Bristol and I could be getting them confused.

You are up against those that train on the Bikeability scheme because it is subsidised so, again you need to work for an organisation that is Bikeability accredited or become accredited yourself.

Nigel
DSA registered Driving Instructor, RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Car Instruction, SAFED registered van trainer, National Standards Cycling Instructor

hippyonwheels

Re: How easy is it to find work if I take instructor training??

Postby hippyonwheels » 29 Jun 2009, 6:50pm

cheers nigel, will look into the bikeability, thanks for your time
I never panic when I get lost lost- I just change where I want to go (Rita Rudner)