Bikeability. Future funding.

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
paulhepworth

Bikeability. Future funding.

Post by paulhepworth »

I'm currently helping with Bikeability training in my home City. New instructor training and delivery has partly been funded by a 3 year Cycling City grant to its Local Authority. When this expires in 2011, and also given the likely demise of Cycling England, we'll have to find ways of making Instructor and Student training more cost effective and sustainable. I'll welcome suggestions, particularly from those associated with non-Cycling Town/City Local Authorities. How do they currently fund their Bikeability services. Also is there a central Bikability forum where such information requests can be flagged up and discussed.
Vorpal

Re: Bikeability. Future funding.

Post by Vorpal »

There was a Bikeability forum, linked from the Bikeability website. New subscriptions aren't available. I think they were going to redo the site, but that's unlikely, now in the current funding climate.

edited typo
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Vorpal

Re: Bikeability. Future funding.

Post by Vorpal »

The Cycling England site has a spreadsheet for sources of funding...
http://www.dft.gov.uk/cyclingengland/si ... unding.pdf

I couldn't remember where this was until a few minutes ago. I imagine that many of the sources of funding will dry up, but perhaps this will help you generate some ideas.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom