Are you a safe cyclist - an on-line quiz

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
Andy Tallis

Re:Are you a safe cyclist - an on-line quiz

Post by Andy Tallis »

I think that helps with some and I think I've been sort of doing it, but some just beep because they think I should be in the gutter so they can thunder passed within inches without having to wait for a gap in the oncoming traffic (this is mostly fairly narrow roads.)
Ros

Post by Ros »

Hi Guys!

Check out this great game - www.organ-ise.org.uk - it's highly addictive but
also has a serious message behind it.

Also, you can be in with a chance of winning the retro classic 'Operation'
game!

Let me know how you get on!

Rx
troywinters

Post by troywinters »

twas early one evening
cycling in the correct position
overtaking mpv didn't like been baulked
so he deliberately sideswiped me.
nothing you can say will convince me that the indiscriminate application of his correct position mantra regardless of the actual circumstances will make cycling safer when there are maniacs about willing to run cyclists over who get in their way.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Going back to cyclists doing their CBT, perhaps if ALL motorists had to compulsorarily do it too, their attitude might change making them realise just how vulnerable they are without their shield of steel or whatever it is these days around them ..

A driving instructor locally who is also dad of the lad killed on a bicycle and a motorcyclist as am I also agrees, it would be good for EVERYONE to have to do as part of their test and for anyone who is banned for whatever reason, to also have to do it if not the full test on two wheels before they get their licence back!
Andy Tallis

Post by Andy Tallis »

I fully agree wendy. Unfortunately I expect the selfish, driver centred Clarksonian "it's my right to drive a big car at high speed regardless of who I hit or how much pollution I cause" lot will go bonkers anbout how drivers are a repressed and victimised minority. I guess that includes the one in a double cab pick up who positioned in the right hand lane of a roundabout with 3 exits (excluding the entry road) only to cut across me and take the first exit as I went straight on from the left hand lane as I was supposed to! Those lanes are very clearly marked and he could easily have done another lap round the roundabout rather than forcing me to jam my brakes on!

Andy :-)