Message for @admin - hacker/scammer using the forum

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Vorpal

Re: Message for @admin - hacker/scammer using the forum

Post by Vorpal »

thirdcrank wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 2:04pm The dodgy links I mentioned have already gone so thanks for that. However, the third page of new members begins with a masseuse. Scrolling further back there are more and this page has a veritable peloton:-

memberlist.php?sk=c&sd=d&start=850

I don't know if this does any real damage because none seems to have posted; perhaps it's just my not liking to thinks these creatures have goy away with it.
Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, those have to be removed manually. Someone cleverer than I am might be able to do it with an SQL query & the database. I will do a little more investigation, but I don't have much confidence that I will find a way to deal with it easily.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I don't want to create work
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

thirdcrank wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 3:58pm I don't want to create work
:lol: It's not you creating work. It's a combination of spammers using a work-around and software that allows it.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

All it needs is the regular posters to alert the moderators that there's an issue.
Spam is easy to spot, but a new poster who comes on with a valid first post, isn't so easy to spot further down the line.

Alert us please. :D
Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I've just checked some 35 pages of members, starting from the most recent joiners and of those with an attached signature, and of those with posts, there are a couple clearly bona fide people and only two who have managed one post each, both having the same Hispanic spam link www.

I presume these are all would-be spammers who, with two apparent exceptions were cut down by the vorpal blade etc at the first post.

This suggests that my concerns about dodgy websites may be misplaced.

I also see that a lot of the dodgy websites on the first few pages seem to have gone.