A helmet advice post

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
beardy

A helmet advice post

Post by beardy »

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=102610

The guy just asked for advice on which helmet to buy, why was it thrown in the dungeon?

I am not a fan of cycle helmets but he made no claims about their magical properties, just asked where and how to find one he would like. Shouldnt this be treated just like any other kit request?

and he did say
Hi. I'm new here so go easy please!
hubgearfreak

Re: A helmet advice post

Post by hubgearfreak »

nothing wrong with the responses, surely? look to me to be both polite and helpful.
beardy

Post by beardy »

Unless there was a response which was removed and caused the thread to be sent to the dungeon?

My guess is that a moderator applied some prescience to the likely direction of the thread and removed it "minority report" style before it actually happened. I thought that threads asking for advice like this were left in peace unless they started making the sorts of claims that start an argument.
gaz

Post by gaz »

AFAIK there are two ways to move a post between forum boards.

One "moves" it completely to the new board, the other "duplicates" the entry so it appears on two boards.

In this case the latter method was used, it is still on Bikes and Bits Technical board in addition to its appearance in the Helmet ghetto.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade