Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
RideToWorky

Whats happended to my posted thread?

Post by RideToWorky »

Hi Admin,

Hope you can help

Whats happended to my posted thread?:

Title - "Frost/ ice - 1st thing in morning road bike ride - safe?!"

It seems to have been merged with my post from yesterday.

2 totally separate subjects/scenarios:
1) commuting vs sociual riding
2) Road bike vs Commuter bike

Please assist
These are posts regarding safety

Regards
Martin
RideToWorky

Re: Whats happended to my posted thread?

Post by RideToWorky »

Bump

How do I report this to admin?
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

A moderator will no doubt see it - although they're likely to either leave it until the mod who made the merge to come and explain, or for a discussion to happen in the mod's private forum.

An hour isn't very long, there is noone paid to look after this forum after all...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

I reported your first post to draw the moderators' attention. If it was actually the site administrator called 'admin' who merged your threads then you can send him a private message by clicking on 'members' in the top right hand corner of the page, then click on 'admin', then 'Send private message'.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Hi, it was Si who merged the threads. He thought they were very similar.

I'll see if I can separate them again, and edit the title & first post, or something so they donæt sound quite so similar.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Note that people who bump their thread after only an hour, trying to seek attention, are likely to get a 'frosty' reception.
Pun intended. :lol:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

OK, I think it's sorted. If you find anything amiss, please use the report button (the '!' in the upper right of a post), so that moderators will be alerted.

p.s. we are volunteers, so your chances of catching one of us within an hour of any given post are small. Chances are greatly improved by posting in this subforum (using the forum) and /or using the report button.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
RideToWorky

Post by RideToWorky »

661-Pete wrote:Note that people who bump their thread after only an hour, trying to seek attention, are likely to get a 'frosty' reception.
Pun intended. :lol:

hoho! 8)
RideToWorky

Post by RideToWorky »

Vorpal wrote:OK, I think it's sorted. If you find anything amiss, please use the report button (the '!' in the upper right of a post), so that moderators will be alerted.

p.s. we are volunteers, so your chances of catching one of us within an hour of any given post are small. Chances are greatly improved by posting in this subforum (using the forum) and /or using the report button.

Hey, no worries,

Text can make peoples posts seem alot more aggressive than intended, rather than a request in person 8)

I'm just a hot on the topic at the mo, as will hopefully be taking the missus out on the bikes on the weekend.

She had a nasty accident on her 1st and only commute day in 2015, so I really don't want any problems with the 1st ride out this year!

Cheers
Martin

PS:
Many thanks for your help guys! 8)
RideToWorky

Post by RideToWorky »

...bump...

joking! :D