Why can't this ipad login

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Graham

Why can't this ipad login

Postby Graham » 7 Feb 2016, 9:02am

Posted on behalf of a.n.other

to mbadmin
Since getting a new iPad I have been unable to log in, although the old one worked fine. I've had the same username and password since originally registering in 2007, but now they won't allow access.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my iPad

Paulatic

Re: Why can't this ipad login

Postby Paulatic » 7 Feb 2016, 9:22am

Who won't allow access?
Is pw case sensitive as IPad sometimes defaults to a Capital at the start.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info

simonineaston

Postby simonineaston » 7 Feb 2016, 9:43am

10 to 1, a.n.other is using the wrong username or password. I'm not being patronizing - it's something that happens to us all, occasionally...
(rides: Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 7 Feb 2016, 11:57am

Hi,
I changed my password because I couldn't log on (not this site), made no difference the web site had problems, not applicable in this case, got to be one of the most frustrating things if you like me have got to rely on computers.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.

Graham

Postby Graham » 7 Feb 2016, 12:26pm

a.n.other wrote:I can still get access on an old iPhone, but with lots of pop up messages, which makes it too cumbersome to use.

Psamathe

Postby Psamathe » 7 Feb 2016, 12:35pm

Graham wrote:
a.n.other wrote:I can still get access on an old iPhone, but with lots of pop up messages, which makes it too cumbersome to use.

Pop-up messages normally say something ... and what they say might give a clue as to what might be going on.

Could be a cookies issue, tapatalk (which can really get in the way with mobile browsers), blockers, etc. Help if you could say what the messages are telling you.

Also, what has changed. e.g. what iOS version on the phone vs what iOS version on the iPad, etc.

Ian

Graham

Postby Graham » 7 Feb 2016, 4:45pm

There are signs that "jezer" has managed to sign in this afternoon. I have asked him to contribute directly here instead of directing messages via email.,

And yes, the pesky messages are Tapatalk. I have also referred him to that topic.

jezer wrote:My iPhone uses IOS 6.1.6, and the iPad IOS 9.2.1. The pop ups on the 'phone refer to Tapatalk, and the message comes up four times for every tap. I'm not very computer savvy. How do I find out if my username and/or passwords are incorrect? I miss talking to you guys, I'm jezer by the way.

simonineaston

Postby simonineaston » 7 Feb 2016, 4:56pm

simonineaston wrote:10 to 1, a.n.other is using the wrong username or password. I'm not being patronizing - it's something that happens to us all, occasionally...
EDIT: Evens... The Punter's Favourite - Gee Up Neddy! :wink:
(rides: Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)

Psamathe

Postby Psamathe » 7 Feb 2016, 6:49pm

Can you view the forum without logging in (Ok, you wont be able to post, can't use "unread posts, etc. but can you look and read subjects, etc. from main board index). http://forum.ctc.org.uk/index.php.

If you can then when you log-in, entering username and password, does it give you an error message ? If so, what does the error message say ?

Also, do you have your browser remember your username/password ? I'm afraid I don't use the forum through iOS (Tapatalk is just a frustration and board layout not (yet) suitable for small screens), but on my Mac I do have it remember username and password and "keep me logged-in" so I have long ago forgotten my password. And were my browser to forget my password I have to do a "I've forgotten my password" (though it would be "My browser has forgotten my password").

I've done a bit of playing around with iOS9 Safari settings and not a lot will stop you logging in. Cookie blocking - no effect (though "stay logged-in" might not work if to strict blocking; Javascript disabled has no effect.

I assume you are using Safari, so maybe let us know what happens when you try to log-in to allow other thoughts.

Ian